KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Modded Banshee vs. Speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what a modded Banshee with T-5 pipes, mild port and polish, with KN filters no air box, would run like a against a speed or a moto in a sand drag race. Would the banshee flat out beat it or not.

Old 04-08-2002, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

the moto is the fastest of the 3. you can make a speed or cannibal as fast or faster with an hmf and moto map(if you have the 1000 computer on the cannibal). just remember the speed and moto aren't for drag racing and cost a lot more than the banshee. put the difference in $$$$ into the banshee engine and it will kill the cdales.

Old 04-08-2002, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well, to answer your question: It would be very close and would probaly come down to rider. Especialy in a 100yrd race. The C'dale is the only bike that launches harder than a Modded Shee. But I think in a 200yrd or more race the Shee would have longer legs.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 04-08-2002, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with bigger is better.It would be a good race.

Old 04-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

JeremyKS, make a trip to Little Sahara and find out for yourself. The weather kept us home last weekend, don't know if this weekend looks any better. I'm planning on going this weekend, I'd love to drag race a Banshee just as you described. Sure there will be highly modified Banshee's out there with +6 swingarms on alcohol that would smoke most anyone but I think the Cannondale would do very well against a Banshee with the mods you mentioned. The last time at LS, Don's demo Moto ran very close to my son's ESR310 R, the sand was really rough so it was hard to drag race to where you could get a good feel for the power of the Moto.

Old 04-08-2002, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

Brain I went down Snake Hunt weekend on Friday- Sunday and the sand was very rough and only saw a moto run in a drag race once and he wasn't much of a rider and was not starting very good. I have a chance to buy a modded shee that has all the good stuff with billet or chrome everything and I am having tough time deciding on which one. Well thanks for all the help. Snake Hunt was a blast just sucked Sat. and Sun when it rained.

Old 04-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

I'd say if all you wanted to do was drag race, I would get the Banshee. There is alot of potential for that kind of racing with the Banshee, alot of mods will really open them up but it takes alot of $'s. If you are wanting a good all around quad, I think the Speed you were looking at would be perfect, especially if you remap with the moto's map and put on an aftermarket silencer. You won't be disappointed with the power!

Old 04-09-2002, 09:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I watched some guy on a cannibal w/HMF pipe and remap beating up on SOME banshees that had just standard bolt-ons, no porting. I was able at beat him with my banshee and bolt ons, but it was pretty close, 2 quads maybe. I was pretty darn impressed! So I dont think that you will be able to beat a ported and piped banshee. But it does come down to rider many times!

RoostKing...

Old 04-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Speakin of drag racing... I'm thinking about entering a drag race this weekend on my stock Cannibal. A guy at school said someone got 3rd place on a stock DS 650 and he barely had any experience riding it... They also said, I should be able to get 1st or 2nd but I kind of doubt that... I mean, I find it hard to believe that I could get 1st on a stock Dale but then again, a stock DS 650 w/ an unexperienced rider got 3rd, so who knows. How do yall think I'll do?

Old 04-09-2002, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

You should try it, alot of people (icluding myself) don't think a Cannondale will be a good dedicated drag racer(because of the little amount of mods available), but you could prove us all wrong. By the way, I read your ATC v.s. TRX v.s. Dale post, good info. I always wondered how a Dale would do against my ATC in a drag race.

Quick Reply: Modded Banshee vs. Speed