KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

This past weekends race results at the national

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I race the stock 4-stroke clas on my speed this past weekend. I finished 16th with no problems with the quad and I didn't even break anything!!!! I had a really good race going until the 2 mile mark on the last lap. I was in 9th or 10th place at the time and then ran into a huge bottle neck (about 50-100 quads stopped) I tried to find and way around and only ended up getting cut up by briors (sp). After 15 mins of sitting I was back racing. Do to this bottleneck I lost anywhere from 7-10 positions. I know this because I check my lap times and if I would have ran the same time as one of the other 3 laps I would have finished 6th. Oh well this is part of racing and I had fun and finished that's the big thing. I'll currently in 20th place in the points now and can't wait until the next one. By the way I think I might have ticked off alot of 400ex guys by passing them like they were sitting still in the grass sections. All I can say about that is they should have bought a cannondale. So did anybody else race this past weekend and how did you do if you did?

Old 06-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thats great.Keep us up to date on your results.

I havent had time to race the last couple months.I will be getting back in to it next month.I usually give them ex's he!!.lol

Old 06-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations on your finish! I am in my first MX season, second year of riding sport atv's; so not the most experienced guy out there either, but I try. I missed the last 4 races, just got my axle installed this past week and should have my shocks tomorrow; so will be back in the standings. I am running 7th in the points and hope for a top 5 by the end of the season. I would like to try XC racing, but we don't have that option up here. This is actually the first year that quads have been allowed to race MX up here at the local "dirtbike" club.......JIM

Old 06-18-2002, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Good job. Sounds like you did pretty good.
My favorite track
Starting gate is on the lower left...

Old 06-18-2002, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks you guys, I'll keep y'all posted on my results.

Alaska,
I've been racing district harescrambles for 4 years now and this is my first year at the national level. I race and have raced a 91 lt250r at the district level the problem I am having with this quad is it's not a fun to race as the cannondale, because I have to work more during the race to go fast. I'm planning on retiring the quad soon and just racing the c'dale. In the 4 years of racing I've learn alot, but the most improtant thing is finishing and having fun. So have fun and finish and let us know about your results. That goes for everone.

Special,
Get back out on the track Asap, because those 400ex guys are starting to get cocky again, time to give them another dose on cannondale butt whooping 101.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Hey Sandgod would like to look at that track but the link isn't working?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2002, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

I raced a local Harescrambles race I normally run MX so I had to put all the stock stuff back on and I put the blaze program in.I ran A class there were only 6 guys in A LeMans start I was third on holeshot passed 2nd place 250r right away then I was right on the tail of the Banshee that got the hole shot and he hit his power band and a tree at the same time so there we all sat I tried to go around and got so tangled up the whole B class had gone by by the time I got going.I passed lots of quads and screwed up a couple times the first few laps.I ended up third.This race was MUDDY big time the bridge crossing a small creek was broke the cannondale handled allthis without missing a beat.Last year I ran a harescramble with the stock cannible program this blaze program is a HUGE advantage I could lug it down to where you could barely hear it run never stalled plus in the muddy field she would rev to the moon and fly past all the 400exs.This sunday I run a MX I am going to leave the blaze program in and see how I do.Normally I use the moto map and finish around 5th or so.Have fun at the races!

Old 06-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Nut
Trailblazer

<< Last year I ran a harescramble with the stock cannible program this blaze program is a HUGE advantage I could lug it down to where you could barely hear it run never stalled plus in the muddy field she would rev to the moon and fly past all the 400exs. >>

Are you running the Blaze map with the stock exhaust? I wanted to try that with my Speed, but I don't know. I haven't heard of anyone doing it - most have an aftermarket exhaust. I just don't want the additional volume of the HMF or Big Gun.

Old 06-18-2002, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

DirtMomma, I tried it and it works. Hmmmmmm

Old 06-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Hi nut I have a big gun exhaust.I had to run the spark arrestor that blew right out the stock core was shot after 3 months and the back piece is about ready to falloff the rivets are wearing the aluminum away since there is nowhere for it to flex.Stick with stock or try another brand pipe I do know the b.g. added some power.

Quick Reply: This past weekends race results at the national