KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Race For QUADS ONLY September 14, 2002 Fernwood, MS

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's final Roger @ Fernwood MX track told me last night that he would agree to having a QUAD only race on the 14th of September. Now we need all the support we can get to make this race a race to remember. I am setting up the classes for the race. My plan is to have a 50cc, 100cc, sportsman, 300cc sorry no 250r's, 4-Stroke open, 2-Stroke open and open money$$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I need all of you to contact as many quad riders & racers as you can. This event will allow the minis, blasters, ex's, all the wood & trail quads to compete on an even bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I can add as many other classes that we can fill. I was thinking powder puff I know all of you wives, girlfriend, daughters would love to show you what they can do. If you will let me know how many maybe we can make a class. Also thinking of seniors, automatic class let me know others and your thoughts.

Future race 50cc stock, 50cc mod, 100cc stock, 100cc mod, 300cc beginner, 300cc stock, 300cc mod, 4-stroke beginner, 4-stroke novice, 2-stroke beginner, 2-stroke novice, open novice, open money. let me know any others. I would love to see this happen!!!

If this race turns out the way I expect it to we will have a track for QUADS only night.
Fernwood MX (601)783-0755 Exit 13 off Interstate 55 in Fernwood MS

Old 07-18-2002, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

You know I will be there.And I will call all the people I know that ride quads.

BTW,Jessica said she would love a powder puff class,lol

Old 07-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think that I'll come too. I should be able to bring 2 or 3 with me. I would like to see the 2 and 4 stroke be broken into a Pro and novice class. The last race I entered the fast and slow guys, like me, all ran together. It was fun but the slower guys didn't have a chance.

Old 07-19-2002, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

It figures, just like everything else this year. Always got to do things while I have to work. This blows!

Any way, go to TQRA.com and check out thier classes. This seems to fall inlign with the rest of the nation who has done this already, including the GNC. It's pretty good, except gnc has a air cooled limit in one of thier classes, wich is stupid because it puts the mojave against the 440, 450, and 426's wich is not the smartest lign up I've ever seen.

Get a flyer going. I have many that I can direct your way.
For every ones info I WORK 7/7. I will love to make one event for 02 before it is 03. So just begging some one keep this in mind.

I have been placing all year in open class two and four stroke, but just lack the machine to win one. So if you are having a 300cc class I would love to win just one fricken race before the years up.....PLEASE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2002, 04:03 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

Here are some proposed classes you could have:

50cc class

90cc class

Womens class

91cc-350cc class (balster, 250ex, 300ex, Warrior, and Mojave)

Beginner class

Amateur class

Intermediate class

Vet. class (30 and up)

4 stroke open (amateur, intermediate, expert)

2 stroke open (amateur, intermediate, expert)

Open class (amateur, intermediate, expert)

Expert class (money class)

Old 07-20-2002, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree that those would be good classes Mr. P. If someone has a flier please give me a PM so I can copy it and get it circulating down here.

Old 07-20-2002, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

i like the way you seperated the classes too. i think that all will be determined with the turnout we get. thats why i hope everyone will spread this to all their buddies. this will give guys a chance to race that have not done so before. with the quads broken down in classes some can be more competitive now and i think some will race that have not raced before. i spoke to kip yesterday about the race, he said roger [ owner of the track ] is going to add the announcement of this race to his regular monthly flyer. when the flyers are ready i will make sure everyone that wants one gets one. in the meantime we need to spread this news anyway we can,i will post updates as i find out myself

Old 07-20-2002, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

mark,

I will wait just a bit longer but cycle world of houma will post it on thier web site under up coming events as well. I have no doubt frank over there will put them out on his counter.

Angel Savio who has a suzuki dealership in houma will probably let me stick some there and motorcycle specialties will let us stick some there.

I'll be in gonzales a week from today for the race there (only one I know racing that week while I'm off) and I'll personally hand them to all the quad guys there as well.

Those classes look real good. If the turn out isn't enough at first we can just combine them. But I think the turn out will be pretty good. Oh except for me that is, don't worry I'll remember this. You sure picked a ornery old fart to leave out, but pay back won't be he!!, it will be fun.

No really just tell kip and/or roger get us one and I believe between just us we can get a good first turn out.

Old 07-20-2002, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

Gaff
i see your an early riser too. rock hill races next week, thats where we will be. i spoke to kip yesterday and told him we need to get the flyers so we can get them out to these places, im hearing a lot of good feedback about this race except on holeshots ez-board. a couple of the bike guys have decided to gang up on me and rip my butt. they just arent used to any quad riders speaking up against them. i got to do all my honey dos today and then tomorrow the boys and i are going riding in wiggins. when do you go back off shore ?

Old 07-20-2002, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

mark,

I just read the post on the EZ-board, and what can I say. It is what it always was. Just a couple hot shots thinking they are king of the hill.

Do you know what would be the best thing for louisiana/mississippi racing, get rid of those idiots. On my very first post over there I mentioned how the area sport was so screwed up due to a couple money riders think they run every thing. Of coarse they hacked me, but in the past couple weeks I find these poeple that I'm talking about are the same ones hacking us on the board. Thats why I to will be staying away from there as well.

I'm offshore now. I can only make the 2nd and 4th weekend races untill october. The bad thing about working 7/7 is for 4 months I make the 2nd and 4th races and then it switches for 4 months that I make the 1st and 3rd week ends, oh well.

I don't know where rock hill is. If they have a site or if you have directions let me know. Although I have to many tracks to get to. I want to start practicing brouex bridge and fernwood. I also have to keep my son going on where he will race at. So far gonzales is very convienent, but I just switched to the 2nd and 4th weekends and it's all kinda new to me.

I'm realy putting pressure on jay at LA supercross. I have it coming at him from all directions rite now. I talked with him last tuesday. He says now how he likes the quads and wants them back. But he says now that he has new partners and they are the ones that don't want the quads. I believe what kip and roger are about to do is going to blow it open.

If they get what the atva has already seen across the country the other tracks will be screaming for us. At that time we may have levrage.

Quick Reply: Race For QUADS ONLY September 14, 2002 Fernwood, MS