KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

new ATV Sport article by rath racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ATV Sport article by rath racing

Have any of you guys seen this yet? He makes some interesting statements about the Cannondale.

1. He claims that the oil cooling in the frame rails keeps the center of gravity higher than it should be.
2. He claims the linkless swingarm/suspension needs work
3. He talks about what he did to get rid of the bump steer and I wonder if this is what Cannondale did to the 03's.
4. He says that the way it's designed right now there is no way it'll hang on the pro level with custom crf's and yzf's.

I don't know much about this guy other than articles about his custom built quads from his race shop. Does anyone have the "skinny" on him and how valid of source he is?

Old 10-08-2002, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

well thats it im selling my moto .
rath must be right .
i had a R all built and there is no way this quad could be faster . even if i got every whole shot but 2 on it.
must be a fluke . theres no way i could do this on a sub par quad . you know i am a pro rider.
i may just go and sell it to get me a rath racing cr450f .
center of gravity higher thats why it jumps better than both my hondas did . no way i must have fliped it and knocked my self out . rath is right .
and all my endos are from the suspension needs work. yep rath is right .

you know with me being a pro rider and all hmm

ok come on this is getting old i had a R with every thing done to it and it was no where near as good as this stock quad if it was i would haven't sold it .
im not a pro rider but im not bad .

1. He claims that the oil cooling in the frame rails keeps the center of gravity higher than it should be.
ok there what maybe a 1 QT higher than the head

2. He claims the linkless swingarm/suspension needs work
it lands better than my peps zps did and theres no swaping

3. He talks about what he did to get rid of the bump steer and I wonder if this is what Cannondale did to the 03'

the tie rods are the same as the R from the edge of the frame so i dont feel it oh yea the stalbliser

4. He says that the way it's designed right now there is no way it'll hang on the pro level with custom crf's and yzf's

hmm a $12.000 quad racing a $20.000
like a truck racing a vett

Old 10-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

motorider7,
You do understand I'm on your side right? This guy has a name for himself and I don't know anything about him that is why I asked a question so maybe I could learn something about this. I have wanted a dale for myself for a while now. I don't know what the sarcastic attitude is about someone else could say he's a pro with his own shop and quite a name for himself so he must know more than you. I'm not looking to start a flame here but that's not the type of answer I was after I was looking for some history on the guy to maybe build up or tear down his credibility. I never said he was the quad god I merely asked a question.

Old 10-08-2002, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

btw he wasn't comparing the aftermarket quads with a moto he was comparing it to his own custom made creation he made from a Cannibal with Cannondale's support. I think he had more into than the moto but I'm not sure on that one as he probably got a lot of parts for his cost.

Old 10-08-2002, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

sorry i just get sick of all the bad press on the quad .
i feel like its a good quad and im more than happy with it .
and i did not mean to come across like a a$$ in my post .

Old 10-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Range Rover

I am pretty sure that those comments were from Mike Walsh, the owner of Walsh racing not Daryl Rath. But either way his comments are probably true for the top 1% that are fast enough to ride as fast as the pro's. But he also said that anyone other than a pro rider would not notice the things he pointed out and that the 'Dale would be a great quad for them.

Old 10-08-2002, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

It's cool man I know how it is. I'm friends with everyone in the Dale forum and I spend all my time in it with an ocassional trip to Honda forum. I enjoy my 400ex but Ultimately I want a new Cannibal with pep zps shocks, hmf slip on and moto map, carbon fiber rims with the 4 ply hole shots off the speed.

SparkyEX is my best friend and main riding partner has a Cannibal that I have ridden at all levels of modification from stock to stock plus slip on with moto map to full on TT set up and I love that quad it pulls like a raped ape all the way to the rev limiter. I'll be seing you around the forums happy posting.
Diggler

Old 10-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Dirt Diggler - His opinion should be taken about the same as anyone elses. Ya, he may know a lot about what he's talkin about but when it comes right down to it, his comparisons are still his OPINION. There are guys that don't like the feel of the Cannondales and there are guys like me that won't give it up. You gotta ride it for yourself and decide. Apperantly Cory Ellis, and Jeremy Schell don't feel the same way he does... does that mean the Dales are the best just because they ride it? No, it's all up to you.

Old 10-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Was it Walsh? I'm sorry my bad thanks for straightening that out. He said he had support from Cannondale and if they would take input from him and I thought he said some of the others that are working with Cannondale that they could turn it into a quad that could compete on the pro level right out of the crate. I just don't know anything about the guy and was looking for back ground and other peoples opinion on this.

Old 10-08-2002, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

YoDaddy,
I hear ya' man I'm just following up on it. Is Kory Ellis still switching between the Dale and the YZ? I saw a couple of pictures of him that I thought where real recent and it was the Yamaha but I can't say they were recent for sure.

Quick Reply: new ATV Sport article by rath racing