KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

moto's stock ohlins

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moto's stock ohlins

Are the stock moto ohlins as good or equal to pep or elka's.would it be a good idea to get the moto or build a cannibal with a-arms and other add ons I would like..My plan as of now is a Moto with full bore plastic, hiper wheels tamers rear and grooved tires front.What do you guys thiink i sould do i want nice full race ready quad with good suspension.

Old 11-24-2002, 11:22 AM
Range Rover

I've got two different setups, but haven't spent much time comparing the setups. On one I have the Blaze ohlins with fireball racing arms, the other has moto ohlins with moto front arms. Hoping to get some seat time to compare soon, so far both seem good. I have the TCS shocks with the Fireball arms on my bansshee and it works good.

Old 11-24-2002, 12:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

i was just seeing if the stock ohlins will be mx ready. I want something thats going to last and be good.

Thanks

Old 11-24-2002, 02:20 PM

the ohlins work great for me. they soak up anything and have no rebound (if adjusted properly). if u are talking about zps shocks, the ohlins don't sit as low as they do.
josh

Old 11-24-2002, 02:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok now do you guys think that building a cannibal or buying a moto is a good idea?? heres the thing if i build a cannibal i am going to do this right when i buy it and would be losing the stock a-arms and shocks,and have nothing to do with all the stock parts im switching out right away..on the other hand the moto comes with these things and i dont have to pay twice for a-arms..hope you know what i mean

Thanks

Old 11-24-2002, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

check with your dealer about buying your stock parts back. the dealer we deal with will buy back eveything as long as you put the new parts on before the quad is ridden. its hard to beat the moto though. personally i think if you can afford the moto, get it. right now you can find some good prices on the 02 models. we got one for sale if your interested.

Old 11-25-2002, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

i went with the cannible and built what i wanted. i'll tell you my plan. i removed the stock handle bars, axle, wheels and tires, a-arms shocks brake lines, head lights and tail light and complete exhaust system. replaced them with new after market pieces and stored the factory stuff in a box. next year i will put my cannible back to stock and sell it . i will buy a new 2004 model and install all my stuff on it. that way i have the good stuff and a new quad every year. if you are concerned about the motto's shocks, you can always ride them and see if you like them. if not, send them to pep for a revavle. (around $650 i think) i did not buy the high dollar steer damper i went with the pep rebuildable unit and a/c pro peg nerf bars. plus i had the aggravation of putting all that great new stuff on the cannible (not very fun to say the least). you can see what i put on my cannible in my signature below.

Old 11-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

The stock Ohlins worked well on my Speed but they are a little harsh and will bottom if you air it out. I replaced them with Works triple rates that have adjustable compression and it's a huge improvement. They work great and are well worth the investment. I had Elkas on my Raptor and they didn't feel any better than my Works. I don't feel the stock Ohlins are race ready unless you race in the novice class.
I am now thinking of selling my Works shocks and buying a long travel front end though. You can never have enough travel.

Old 11-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

The ohlins on the speed are different than the ones on the moto. The ones on the speed do not have rezzies and only have a preload adjustment. Unless you are a pro racer I would say the moto ohlins would be very good shocks.

Old 11-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry, I read the topic wrong. I thought it was the Ohlins without the rezzies. The Ohlins on the Moto are great for racing.

Quick Reply: moto's stock ohlins