KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

MOTO map VS Trinity MAP +

Old 01-20-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOTO map VS Trinity MAP +

At FSW I had the chance to ride Darryls Speed. Darryl races MX in the PRO level out here and has PEP and Eyeball Engineering A-ARMs. He is running a slip on (Forgot who's) and the MOTO map.

You can see my mods.

He allowed me to ride his bike to feel the differance in the suspension. We lined up at the bottom of Olds to race. I rode his quad. When we took off, I was in second hit the 2'deep whoops in third and started up the hill, the quad stayed level and I was amazed that the wheels where staying in contact with the ground just cruising over them. As I got to the half way mark I looked over to find him about three lengths in front of me, where he continued to pull away from me.

At the top of the hill he gave me a big thumbs up and wheelied part way down the hill.

We draged two more times, my stock suspension would buck him all over the place though the whoops and I would float over them and after the whoops he would be gone.

The PEPS and A-arm with Stem are now on the list for me. I see a Port and Polish with map in his future.

About 10 quad lengths oover all to the top of the hill.

Both mods are great, I should have got the suspension first though.

Smitty

Old 01-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Range Rover

Hey Smitty911

We opted for the suspension first on our 2 dales other than the pipes and maps. However we are looking for the motor mods by next season. Southbay moto has some interesting things to do. I went by last week and talked to the owners. Strokers, big bores, bigger titanium valves etc.

Old 01-21-2003, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

the suspension makes a big difference. i have had many people ride our moto that have speeds and they really notice the difference. mxmike raced our moto 2 months ago and ran quicker lap times and felt much better after the race finish. he said it was much smoother and he did not get nearly as tired on the moto.

Old 01-21-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Isn't MXmike running Elka's w/ Lonestar a-arms and axle? The moto set up w/ Ohlins still felt better?

Old 01-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

mxmike is running the moto front end and stock speed rear shock, also at the time he had no steering stabelizer. he still said the moto felt much better than his speed. as a matter of fact his signature use to say speed/moto and after riding our moto he changed it to speed/moto ( almost )