KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

I hope its not true

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003 | 09:58 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default I hope its not true

As I sit here reading the news about Cannondale closing it's doors, I can't help but wonder. Could this have been avoided? About a year ago I posted (back then I was NEWZBOY) at least a dozen times about how lucky we were to FINALLY have an American company step up and put their money where their mouth was. I was fortunate enough to have attended the INDY powersports shows the last 5 years and struck up a friendship with Scott Montgomery. Last year we had lunch at the show and he practically offered me a job if I would move to Pa. He told me he put some of my emails on the wall in the lunchroom because they were an encouragement to the workers. Scott always signed his emails with "we never give up" I don't consider this giving up. Maybe there is a buyer out there. (Are you listening Harley Davidson?) From what little I know of bankruptcy law, I believe the only reason to file chapter 11 is precisely because you intend to make it. It is a way to arrange payment to your creditors. I will say this to every editor of every motorcycle and ATV magazine out there: (If you don't read it here I will tell you to your face at the INDY show). SHAME ON YOU for every test you unfairly gave the upper hand to the other bikes in an effort to boost advertising (How many aftermarket companies sell pipes for Dales?) SHAME ON YOU for not giving the proper credit for Cannondale in its effort to bring you EXACTLY what your little crybaby selves asked for for the last 2 decades! Would it have killed you to just say that the Cannondale was a great quad? Is it really important (in retrospect) to say something stupid like "The cannondale makes engine sounds like its going to explode" knowing it would scare off hundreds of buyers? Save your "I'm sorries" for the guy with 3 kids who welds aluminum frames with such precision , its unbelievable. Or maybe you can explain to the single mom who polishes the final assembly pieces that the front end is "just a bit twitchy" . I'm sure she'll feel better. This also goes to all you Cannondale bashers who called it 'Junk" . You may have finally gotten what you wanted. I thought having alternatives in bikes and quads was a good thing. All I can say is , I hope this is all temporary and that we still will have another chance to support a company that has given its all for us. I know I will .

Old 01-24-2003 | 10:21 PM
Range Rover

Well spoken.

I have to agree, KTM or Cannondale have not gotten the respect they earned and deserved. Now polaris is trying to finally make something worth while for the sport riders, and I see people not just point out imperfections, but, trashing the ones that are making it more fun for all of us. By the way I'm not dissing the big four by any means or I don't mean to leave out the DS, just pointing out the worst injustices. We need to learn constructive critisizum. Hopefully Cannondale will pull through and they have my full suport.

Old 01-24-2003 | 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Great posts!

Old 01-24-2003 | 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

dalediehard
you saved me a lot of typing. i couldnt have said it better myself. i applaud you for putting it into words for all to see. whatever happens we will continue to ride our dale and not jump ship like many others are doing.

Old 01-24-2003 | 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2003 | 11:09 PM
|
Trailblazer

For those of you that look at my post and say " well what does he know? He doesnt even own a cdale" let me explain. I have had plenty of quads in the past (last one was a 96 banshee;cool heads;2 into 1 etc) but I spent a big part of 2002 layed off from my job as a gov't contractor. My main worries were about things like keeping my house etc. I know these people feel at cannondale. Its like a kick in the gut when you don't expect it. But I'll tell you what. I believed(and still do) in the cannondale dream and did all I could to support it.(until they tell me not to). I talked up the bikes and the quads to friends and family.(even got 2 good friends to buy quads and they loved them) I help gather information for some of the reps like Shawn Kennedy(a great guy I might add) on existing and possible dealers, Chatted with vendors like cycra(who did the plastic) with suggestions for improvements. In short, I did everything I could short of buying a quad because the finances werent there. Did I want one? You have no idea how badly I did (and still do) . If Cannondale turns this around I WILL get my dale!
What I want to add to my first post is this: I applaud ALL of you who also put your money where your mouth is and bought a dale! There is no better way to show support for a quad than that! From YODADDY to Markvette to mxmike (and even you, blackbirdxx) I salute you and believe it will not be in vain. It is entirely possible that a company like Harley or artic cat is reading these forums now to determine how strong a following CD has. Hang in there guys, The fat lady has not sung yet.

Old 01-24-2003 | 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

This just makes me want to keep my Dale even more, and if they do go under I am going to buy a second one. Greatest bike ever made!!!!!

Old 01-25-2003 | 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Nice post Diehard. My feelings on this situation are very positive. The Quad is way to good to let die.

Here's a tasty rumor from a stock board:

qoute"As of friday afternoon, the company did in fact miss payroll. Several sources inside the bike division confirmed it. The bike side is still there, still running. Big announcement anticipated Monday, along the lines that Moto has been sold and is on the way to Cali. "

Don't mean nothin yet, but... You guys worried about your $$ might want to wait to sell too quick. But if you got to sell, and cheap, PM me. i got room for another 'dale! Maybe we can both get one cheap diehard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2003 | 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Very well said diehard I hope things come around for you so you can have the Cannondale.

Old 01-25-2003 | 12:47 AM
Range Rover

Well Said!!!!! C-dale 4-life

Quick Reply: I hope its not true