KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

blown up cannondale

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blown up cannondale

this Sunday i was out at the MX track getting some practice in before the superbowl and on the second lap the cam bearing cap next to the waterpump impeller broke and flew through the valve cover

has any one else had this problem??????????

and now w/ cannondale and the chapter 11 i dont know if i have a peice of junk or if cannondale will warrenty it ,, i know cannondale is prety leiniant on there warrenty and the quad is only 14 months old and to have a Major Component Failier is not normal

im still waiting to hear back from the dealer when they get it apart and call cannondale

Cdale1

Old 01-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

oh yeah i forgot to say "IT STILL RUNS TO"

Old 01-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to say cdale1 but i think your out of luck... I called cannondale and my dealer today to get the scoop. First of all they said that for the time being they are not making quad parts and will not ship any they have already made. I also told them about our problems with our dales ( dead batteries, front light doesnt work, bike was in for 2-3 weeks trying to figure what was wrong with them, when they got it suposdly got it fixed we went to pick them up and had them loaded when i thought maby we should start them just to make sure they run.. Well they didnt, 1 started but wouldnt run after that and the other one wouldnt start, they said they would deliver them the next day and they did to my surprise)
While it was in the shop i called and they said that they were waiting for the update parts and said they would have it almost updated complety. well again they were wrong and when i called they told me that they did NO updates and just replaced the battery!! I was very mad and riped them for lieing to me. The dealer said that they wouldnt do ANY work on my cannondales unitl Cannondale is fully up and running... Here we spent over 13 grand and they leave us out to dry.. I am very dissapointed in my dealer and in Cannondale.....

Old 01-29-2003, 03:00 AM
Trailblazer

i tell u what tho the dealer here in Reno Nevada is first class they have bent over backwards for me and the cannondale problems and have gottin stuff coverd by warenty that should not of been that is y i love the dealer hear and love the Cannondale product even tho there goin to do the chapter 11 ill bet i get parts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] it helps when the Mechanic is one of the factory Demo racers they have the connections to the rite people so i will know more on wed.

Cdale1

Old 01-29-2003, 07:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i tell u what tho the dealer here in Reno Nevada is first class they have bent over backwards for me and the cannondale problems and have gottin stuff coverd by warenty that should not of been
And people wonder why they are going out of business. Thunder, looks liek you can partially blame this dealer.. fraud...

RoostKing..

Old 01-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Almost all have had engine failures around here.....the new owner needs too detune the engine and look into quality control.

Old 01-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Hmmm gary, I don't understand??? De-tune the engine??? The problems associated with the engines have NOTHING to do with the power it produces. I've torn an engine down, and believe me, these things are a bullet proof design. Just the quality of the vendor parts, is where they need to look at. That's where most of the recalls have came from. Vendors for Cannondale giving them junk product.

Old 01-29-2003, 12:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You mean you have dis-assembled the engine, looked at everything and asumed the engine design was bulletproof? The power and RPM's the engine produces directly affects the amount of stress many parts see....a de-tuned engine will last longer and be more reliable (easier on the defective parts). Poor quality control is Cannondales' fault....not the vendor.

Old 01-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen the insides of quite a few Dales. The normal wear parts from Hi-compression/hi-horsepower engines, looked almost as good as new. Yes, it was Cannondale's fault for allowing the parts to enter the factory and then install them on a machine. No doubt. I totally agree with that one. But, the engine design is one that will last. It can handle the stress that the conventional 4 stroke engine cannot.

Old 01-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Theory doesnt keep your quad running, the sum of the parts do.

RoostKing...

Quick Reply: blown up cannondale