KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Don't jump doubles if they aren't finished....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't jump doubles if they aren't finished....

I learned that the hard way, just about 20 minutes ago, lol. My take off is about 2 feet tall (really small, I wasn't done building it up) and way to steep, and my landing is about 4 feet tall. I was just kinda jumpin it slowly in 1st gear just to see how far out I would go, and I thought well hell, I should be able to make it in 3rd, it's only about a 30-35 foot double. So anyways, I started back about 30 yards, and just pinned it, hammered gears, got to 3rd and hit the double... well the face of the take off was a little steep (I knew it was but ignored myself) and I just ended up going real high and endoing and casing it... lets just say, my bumper was the only thing that hit at first. I jumped off over the handlebars, landed on my feet and started rolling and as I was getting up my quad just rolled up real slow and stopped right next to me.I looked at the landing and could see a big chunk of ground taken out where my bumper hit and then on the actual landing I could see where my grab bar and rear fenders hit... so my quad landed on the bumper, did a front flip and landed on the grab bar, and then landed on the wheels and stopped next to me, lol. Luckily no damage, just slightly bent the grab bar but it's nowhere near noticeable. I got right up, checked out the landing, checked out my quad for any damage, didn't see any so I rode some more and then went back to the house.

Well, just thought I would tell you all my riding story of the day.

Later!

Old 01-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

YO! take it easy out there man! We aint got our parts network lined up just yet ya know? glad you both made it ok. nutjob. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Haha, yea, the crazy thing is, right before I went riding, in another post I said, "I'm looking forward to tearing some **** up. I mean tearing up the ground, I don't want to tear up my quad." And then look what happened, lol, I almost tore some **** up.

Old 01-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

MxDale71,
You are a lunatic! Are you aware of this "condition" you have? lol j/k
Diggler

Old 01-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, bad choice I wish I had held of until I was done fixing my jump, and now it is hard to throw the shovel around because of broken ribs, bruised lung and what not....I didn't manage to get clear before we made a high speed stop into the back of the landing....the dumbest thing I did all week

BRAAAAAP

Old 01-29-2003, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Damn dude, that sucks. I think the thing that saved me was the same thing that caused my wreck. The sand around my house is very loose and soft and when I bailed, I didn't even feel it. But unfortunately my Tamers don't hook up to good in the sand and my tires prolly just spun to much leaving the jump, causing my front end to dive down the way it did. That was probably why I came up just a little short too, although the take off was definitely to steep.

LOL, oh well, you live and learn right? I said I was gonna start riding smarter and stuff in races, and this does not really make it look like I'm doing a good job. I really thought I could make it and I was pretty close, but that damn sand just screwed it up for me. Well that, and the take off of the jump wasn't completely done yet. But it was still close enough that it was jumpable, it's just that the way I had it planned would have made it an easier jump.

Old 01-29-2003, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

you guys are just a bunch of sily gooses[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 11:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

quadwarrior- That is just your average cannon owner. They beat to a different drum, make the same mistakes twice, never learn........ In reality they have more fun than the rest of us.

I could tell YODADDY was a slow learner the first time i saw him. He brought a cannon to a raptor party. lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, Raptor party? The place was over run by the sand hogs (a.k.a. DS 650's). I had been around racing quads for so long that when I saw how tall and massive those DS's were, it actually suprised me. I mean I've ridden them a few times before then, but I just hadn't seen one in so long and I was used to seeing really low, wide, and light weight quads set up for MX.

P.S. It's not that I don't learn from my mistakes... it's just that I always seem to find something new that I can make a mistake on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Don't jump doubles if they aren't finished....