KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

cannible440 vs kfx400

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cannible440 vs kfx400

Did you read the whole article or just the end? The Cannondale smokes it everywhere.

Old 02-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: wizeguy
Get the Kawi! It's awesome. A pipe & filter really wakes up the motor and a set of front shocks will be all you need to have a RELIABLE, good handling quad! ATV4's z-400 vs. Cannibal shootout will answer lots of questions.
I agree that the KFX/Z400 is an awesome quad. A pipe does wake it up a bit, but the power is still pretty tame in comparison to the Cannibal. However, don't jump it too hard, or, you'll need to upgrade the rear axle, and you'll want to learn how to weld as well, because the frames tend to crack around the front shock mounts. I find it interesting how fans of a certain brand seem to overlook the shortcomings of their machines. I'm well aware if the percieved reliability issues concerning the Cannondale quads, and I am willing to live with them in light of the substantial performance advantage these quads have over the competition. And, yes, read the shootout, it should answer alot of questions. You can draw a better conclusion about which quad is right for you if you read the whole test, and, skip the last paragraph where they pick the Z400 the winner. Better yet, forget the magazines, ride them both and decide for yourself. To spend 6K without doing that is a little silly, don't you think?

Old 02-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

Old 02-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

We are so happy for you. I am clapping right now.

Old 02-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: CANNIBAL440
Originally posted by: wizeguy
Get the Kawi! It's awesome. A pipe & filter really wakes up the motor and a set of front shocks will be all you need to have a RELIABLE, good handling quad! ATV4's z-400 vs. Cannibal shootout will answer lots of questions.
I agree that the KFX/Z400 is an awesome quad. A pipe does wake it up a bit, but the power is still pretty tame in comparison to the Cannibal. However, don't jump it too hard, or, you'll need to upgrade the rear axle, and you'll want to learn how to weld as well, because the frames tend to crack around the front shock mounts. I find it interesting how fans of a certain brand seem to overlook the shortcomings of their machines. I'm well aware if the percieved reliability issues concerning the Cannondale quads, and I am willing to live with them in light of the substantial performance advantage these quads have over the competition. And, yes, read the shootout, it should answer alot of questions. You can draw a better conclusion about which quad is right for you if you read the whole test, and, skip the last paragraph where they pick the Z400 the winner. Better yet, forget the magazines, ride them both and decide for yourself. To spend 6K without doing that is a little silly, don't you think?
Yes, Mr. Cannibal 440-I agree. First off, I do not live by those shootouts or care about your sad devotion to this all but dead fraternity. I was merely suggesting some help to the gentleman who requested some information about the two machines. I also know a guy who tried to race a Blaze this year (XC) who never made it out of the woods once. Previous to Cannondale's big financial shake up, I thought the $1300.00 price difference would be to the Z buyers advantage. $1300.00 buys you some choice front shocks (built for you, I might add) a pipe & filter and some other things for the Z. Now since Cannondale went down the tubes trying to sell those overpriced recycled pop cans the ONLY choice is the Z400!
Your Cannibal will stop making power EXACTLY where it does now unless you have some great computer genius to figure out the magic mapping! A Z owner can install a relatively inexpensive 440cc kit and kick yo' a--. Don't try to tell me about the "fancy" Ohlins shocks because by today's suspension standards they are merely entry-level units. Have fun changing your oil! Have fun when you leave the key on and the battery drains and you're SCREWED when you then can't start your machine because-well you get my point. Fuel injection does not belong on an ATV and in the end causes more problems than good in the environment an ATV is operated in. Speaking of axles, I see that stupid C-fiber axle Cannondale has been working on will probably sell to the only bidder because they went BANKRUPT![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Don't tell me the "wonders" of the Moto 440 because you can build a way better custom race machine than the Moto 440 for $12,500.00! Now, I don't have anything against Cannondale, and I'm sure you wike your wittle wannibal; but to spend 7k on a piece of crap just seems a little silly-don't you think?

Old 02-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

Old 02-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer

Hey cyberseano and wizeguy I bet if you stood your z 400's on there back wheels, greased up the front end real good and then jumped off the top of your house I bet you could stick them straight up your @$$!!! If you dont like cannondales that is fine, but go run your mouths on a different forum about them and stop taking up valuble space on this forum. Also if either of you want to race stock quads and the winner keeps both, bring it on.

Old 02-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

Old 02-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I like my "baller" I wouldn't want any other bike and I'm glad there's such a variety of bikes to choice from. I'm sure in another 5 to 10 years all of are bike will be antiquated. I think if cannondale does go out of business they'll be the modern day "tucker's" . I also do think it is a somewhat advanced bike for the time. Yeah fuel injection doesn't belong on a atv but I bet someday it will be a more common feature. But I do give an the American based company credit for having the ***** and trying to launch a successful motorcross division. For that I am proud of my cannondale. It's only money and I'm sure I'll have to buy a new bike anyways in another 3 years just to stay on top. Damn it gets expensive keeping up with the Jone's. Nextel doesn't pay me enough!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Range Rover

UUMMM....... you Z400 guys are cool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: cannible440 vs kfx400