KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

where to race in washington??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to race in washington??

hey guys... want to start racing but don't know where to go in washington state... I'm in the southern portion (Kelso/Longview) and really really want to start... anyone please let me know.

Old 02-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer

Cool..........There is a Hare Scrambles coming up in the Tri-Cities on March 2nd that is a lot of fun. I believe LapTraffic will be there, and so will I. As far as other racing goes, I know they have races at Woodland and the WORCS series will be at Washougal in May.

We have lots of MX races starting up over here in March also. That's a bit of a drive for you though. I know there are more up North, around Bellingham as well.

What type of racing are you interested in?

Old 02-15-2003, 03:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

want to race MX and probably some harescrambles also. what would you recommend for suspension? I currently have a moto 440.. thinking about using an x440 map what do yall think?

Old 02-15-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

I also am looking to get into racing just for the enjoyment and fun of it. does anyone know of a website that has all of the races for this year and also where are some of the poker runs this year?? i seem to find out about the poker runs when it is too late. there must be a website out there with this info!! if anyone knows it it would be helpful

Old 02-16-2003, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer

I'm not that familiar with stuff over there. You might check the ATVA website and search for races. It usually comes up with some.

ATVA

Old 02-19-2003, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

I'll be at the Harescramble in early march.

I know Seattle International Raceway (SIR) runs an MX series. Ive been talking to a dealer friend in Enumclaw and he's getting me introduced to the different series that are running. I dont know of a site that has all the information, but I imagine that stuff gets distributed to the different dealerships in the area for posting.

Try to make the Hare scramble coming up, it would be cool to have serveral Cannondales there.

Old 02-20-2003, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

try www.northwestdirtrider.com
there's a hare scramble being put on the the mount baker motorcycle club this saturday east of bellingham...
for info on hannegan speedway in bellingham, see www.hanneganspeedway.com

washougal only lets quads on thier track twice a year from what i understand: once for the WORCS race & on january 1st for the hangover hare scrambles.

i won't make the hare scramble at horn rapids on 3/2 but i want to... maybe i'll have evrything ready to go by may & make it to washougal for the WORCS race... i can hope

lap traffic, the guy at enumclaw suzuki wouldn't be jeff would it?

Old 02-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

Yep it's Jeff, Great guy. I go in the to buy something incidental and end up talking to him for several hours.

Hey, do you know where I can get some current info on the Horn Rapids race. EWDRA hasnt updated their site. I know the date, but that's about it.

Old 02-20-2003, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

don't care what I race as long as I race. I need the race. racing is life.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

i have the flyer for the horn rapids race.
entry fee is $35 + $5 gate fee
spark arrestors & ORV tags required (although i've never seen them check)
gate opens at 7AM
ATV riders meeting at 9AM
ATV race at 9:15AM

classes(2-laps) 250, open, 4-stroke, 3-wheeler.... (4-laps) ironman- run what ya brung
you may enter ironman & another class but it requires 2 entry fees.
from my experience, when filling out the racer registration form, you have to check an ATV class & write in which class you are running specifically.
they recommend tether kill switches, i personally recommend nerfs too. but niether is required.

the start is dead engine, running lemans style from behind your machines... then a drag race to the first turn.
the loop is 10+ miles.... lots of turns, whoops & sand.... watch out for them fences.
it has rained recently and been warm so dust shouldn't be as bad of a problem as it was last fall
... if you have any questions feel free to ask, i'll try to help. otherwise call: days- Jon (509)582-6718, after 6:30PM Don (509)967-2404 they can also sign you up to recieve the flyer.

i just talked to jeff yesterday & got some info on pacific raceways... sounds like it may turn into a real track! i have the full MX race & practice schedule in hand if anyone wants info on it.

Quick Reply: where to race in washington??