Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

How many of you are....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you are....

Originally posted by: vhcat400i
I believe he is trying to say they don't really care if you do or you don't as long as you are giving them money.He also believes that everyone who is tired of him or doesnt agree with him is a teenie bopper.He is just a poor lonely person that doesn't have a life so he has to pick apart others to make himself feel important.It is pretty sad actually.Thats all I have to say,see ya.
See Ya! (lol)..........it's amazing how many people will come up on here and have very little constructive to say........then suddenly look at their "watch" when asked why their comments show absolutely no consideration for the topic at hand.

Again, vhcat.......... we can only assume that you're maturity level has not developed to its fullest potential by your "actions" which are outlined above.........you can be "tired" of somebody (which we would hope you would keep to yourself) but if you "don't agree" with somebody???.......sorry, son; but you actually have to express those thoughts with actual references to the area of disagreement itself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You might want to study "warrior's" comment above for a quick lesson on conducting a conversation which simply seeks to clarify a comment he may or may not agree with:

"....I wear a helmet all the time.. you're saying that the ATVA doesnt condone helmet use?...."

Warrior,

The ATVA has indicated to me that their membership doesn't consider adult helmet use as a "significant issue" in today's safety debates........yet they will bury items like this in their website which (supposedly) "lets them off the hook":

ATVA Members’ Commitment to Responsible Riding

We believe that responsible ATV riders should:

Get qualified training
Wear a helmet
(and many other "common sense" items not listed here)

Yet when asked if they would be willing to stand up and fight against one of the most glaring examples of irresponsible behavior in our sport.......... that is happening by "the thousands" every week.......... and which is even promoted publicly in their newsletter? (referring to two-up, helmet-less riding at Windrock........one of the largest riding areas in this country)

You have them waffling all over the place (even trying to get the 'double-up' issue broken out of the fight to 'save face' on a safety issue)........ because "Momma" (the AMA) doesn't like "their boys" getting people all stirred up over 'that helmet issue'..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I like what the ATVA does and am by no means attempting to "in any way" disuade somebody from joining their fine association.............its just that someday you have to break away from mother's breast, stand up like a man and fight for what you believe in...............not carry around a hundred dollar bill for your whole life to whip out on anybody who would "dare" question wether they still see a little milk on your chin.

We don't need to be saddled with some other organization's weaknesses; which can then be turned around and used against 'us' by association........don't we have enough problems without "sticking up" for some idiot who refuses to wear a brain bucket?

These people would like us all to be "concerned" that some hunter may have to legally wear his helmet to and from his hunting area....which (Oh my gosh) "impedes his hearing".......I say that you give that hunter two choices:

Pay the fine or get there like your grand daddy did......which should be the extent of our sympathies in the atving community..........and if you want a "farming' exemption?.........then you darn well better apply, prove it and don't get caught 'off' the farm.

Nickle-dick excuses are being extended by people who lack spines for people without brains. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

RookWV, I just went to their site,liked what I saw and will be joining next month.I know this is off topic but,to every one else who wants to know I do wear a helmet and wish everyone else would.But there are some people out there that until something happens to them or to someone close to them will never wear them.I do because 20 years ago when I was a teen a friend of mine was killed because he wasnt wearing a helmet and riding double on a dirt bike.Huh 20 yrs and a teen I must have passed puberty a long time ago. By the way Blackballed is there an organization that you would sugest that I should look into.I don't want to leave you out.

Old 08-30-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: vhcat400i
".....I do wear a helmet and wish everyone else would.But there are some people out there that until something happens to them or to someone close to them will never wear them...... By the way Blackballed is there an organization that you would sugest that I should look into.I don't want to leave you out.
You've just joined the organization that I already did previously.........how about using the memory of your friend as a catalyst to convince them that carrying a hundred dollar bill around in your pocket isn't exactly the same as breaking free from the AMA's problems in order to help prevent somebody else's friend from meeting the same fate? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

surely for 100 dollars you could buy a nice helmet over there in the USA and it would hopefully be a 1 off payment,

and if your ever in a position to have dammaged the helmet in a crash and need to shell out another $100 you will be more than happy to be around and fit to do so,

Old 08-31-2003, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you, zilla as your reasoning makes perfect sense.............yet our top atv organization over here in this country is more interested in membership money and being the red-headed stepchild of gut-less hypocrites.

You folks may not be familiar with the word "hillbillies".........but we've got a bunch of 'em over here that absolutely won't "pay-to-play" or follow the most basic of rules on the 2,000 mile trail system which we are presently building in WV.............. and we have thousands more down at our other hot spot in TN.; who are demanding that they be allowed to go helmet-less AND double-up their kids right up on and THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS!!! (yet when our major atv organization is asked to rectify this?......"well....if you can break that 'double-up' issue away from our 'helmet' non-issue.......then BY GOD! we'll be there to help!!!) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
And these people are not the hillbillies I know and love personally...........this is the trash that is teaching their children to behave like they should somehow be exempt from this country's laws on common sense which were crafted with them in mind in the first place.

Yet when our government comes to the atving community and wonders what in the hell is going on with overall atv safety?.............our (cough) "leaders" do everything they can to convince our lawmakers that they are doing "all they can possibly do" to promote this concept within our sport (they just left the word "helmet" out of the thousands of petitions they sent in to them for no particular reason). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2003, 10:45 AM
Trailblazer

Hey blackballed you for got to quote UKzilla

Old 08-31-2003, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Just did.........I took a man who wasn't afraid to stand up, or say what was right and praised his comments; just as we all should be doing when someone exposes the moron mentality that some of our fellow riders exhibit (which is in stark contrast to jumping in with snide comments and removing all doubt as to what your age or maturity level is presently hovering at). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2003, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

I just dont ride with out full protective gear on or off road ive had a few incidents and fortunatly apart from a badly broken collar bone my leathers boots gloves and helmet have taken the brunt of the slides and colides ive been in on and off road

ive binned to lovely expensive helmets and a nice set off leathers to the tune of around $1200 dollars but i dont like the thought of the scuffs and scratches being my skin , hair and bone

the worst thing i see over here is usualy young 16-17 year old on road with there little scooters with nothing more on that a pair off shorts and a tee shirt thinking there ok cos theyve got a helmet,

yep they look real cool, i hope their just as cool when there sliding down the road leaving there Skin behind,

im sure i read some where that it takes about 5 seconds of sliding on a surfaced road at 30 mph to take any part of your body (*** cheeks included) down to the bone,

my 4 year old weares full gear and weve even bought a few bits for my 2 year old daughter just so she done feel left out,

personaly, with hand on heart if my son was killed because i couldnt be bothered to spend the cash on protective gear i couldnt live another minute,

also i find the gear confidence inspiring especialy after having put it all to the test at 1 time or another,

put it to the test yourself, get hold of a helmet put it on, get your best friend to give you a good whack across the head with a baseball bat, yep it hurts, now try the same thing with out the helmet, you wont feel a thing, GET IT??

Old 09-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

Well people I finally give in! Blackball is superior in intelligence. He needs to get an old fashioned bandwagon and pull it with his ATV. Then stop at every wide spot on the trail where people gather and preach his wares to the lesser knowlegeable. Yes with his vast wisdom he could convert the whole state full of 'HILLBILLYS'.
Also I would be a proud 'HILLBILLY' and lead him to the spots I know.
Now I am not a resident of the 'HILLBILLY' state, but ride there very often. But you know what? Most people in this area of the United States consider themselves 'HILLBILLYS'. And just what we need is some real gifted speaker from the 'FLATLANDS' to teach us about riding hills! Yes this makes perfect sence.
Blackball I extend the hand of friendship to you! I will lead you to the hotspots. NOW, PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!

Old 09-01-2003, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: blackballed
And these people are not the hillbillies I know and love personally...........this is the trash that is teaching their children to behave like they should somehow be exempt from this country's laws on common sense; which were (actually) crafted with just them in mind in the first place....."

Sourmash,

I've been "putting up" my views on this area for quite some time now............what I can't seem to get people down there to make a choice about.........is if they would they like to have the rest of the world view them as "the former" or the "latter" in the preceeding statement above?

I know, you would just like the CPSC and the rest of the world to "go away"...........sorry bud, but we are here to exercise our rights as Americans and enjoy this country which God has given us.........and certainly not be bothered by a bunch of people who REFUSED to help build these trails in the first place.

I am really sorry that somebody got up here and told the true story of how the Hatfield/McCoy Trail System was built........the sad part being that time is actually running out for any of these West Virginian atv clubs to be included in the later chapters of this great tribute to American recreation.

Quick Reply: How many of you are....