Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Where are they? (tree hugging greenies)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2000, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In over five years of ATVing and snowmobiling I have only seen 1 couple walking in the woods, 1 cross country skier, one dog sled and 2 people with bicycles on a railroad grade.

It seems that they have a loud voice in politics but do not use the public facilties/forest like the motorized crowd does.

They are very quick with their cameras to take pictures of ruts in "Swamps" alias wetlands etc.

When talking about erosion and trail damage they apply Californian/Arizona desert type recovery times to Midwestern swamps. How ridiculous. Ruts in a swamp will repair themselves in less than a season.

I have never seen a hiker in a swamp, have you?

Old 10-04-2000, 09:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The only people I ever meet are fellow riders.

Old 10-04-2000, 10:10 AM
Range Rover

Where are they? They are hard at work trying to kill our sport, writing legislators and going to meetings while we on the other hand sit back and let it happen. I'm from Pa. and I just received a flier in the mail telling me how to contact our Gov. and tell him to stop ATVing in our state. I wrote some e-mails of course not in favor of what they want but I wonder how many others just threw it away and didn't give it a second thought. Next year when they close our trails for good, you will sure hear the whining then. Can't anybody in here say they weren't warned, or they didn't see it coming. And one other thing the greenies have yet to answer my e-mail to them asking, among other things, where their exhaust fumes from their cars go or what happens to their trash once they throw it out.

Old 10-04-2000, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

You are exactly right, I've never seen any of them in all my years of hunting, camping and now atving. We hear a huge amount of anti-atv voices coming from the west side of the state, and the Seattle area. They claim the usuall about atv's tearing up the ground and everybody littering and such, but they even go as far to complain about smelling atv fumes while in the outdoors. Come on now, what the hell are they talking about. They live in a smog filled city, wall to wall buildings and traffic, tons of busses and truckers running around. The air is so poor you can't see across the sound, as it looks like a thick fog or haze, and stinks to beat hell. Yet, this form of pollution is perfectly OK with them, because they live there. Yet, should they head up in the mountains, in the fresh, pristine air, they are quick to complain they can smell the stink of an atv's exhaust coming from miles away. Yeah, right. Don't know about you guys, but my 'Cat smells more like the ground I ride in than the supposed exhaust fumes. Get real people!

Funny thing is, if you head up to MT. Rainier, which is a National Park, you'll find a ton of these "tree-hugging eco-*****". You know, the ones that are raising such a fuss for the rest of us. Well, just who do you think is littering up there- throwing all their gum and candy wrappers, as well as cigarettes, food wrappers, etc. out on the parking lot, and on the various trails up there? Yup, the same damn eco-*****!

I personnally found a couple up there last summer doing this very thing. They were definately the upper-class crowd, driving BMW's and Mercedes. The first time I yelled at them for this, they claimed that it was OK, because they had people who cleaned the parking lot. Oh man, I about flipped with that one. Made them pick their crap up and throw it away. Funny thing is, I found the same crowd the very next day, a couple miles up on a hiking trail, doing the same thing. I had seen a few candy wrappers along the way, that I picked up myself, then found the crowd with the same very candy wrappers. Turned out to be the same people. Man, I really jumped them this time. Asked what in the hell they thought they were doing. This time, they didn't say anything. I made them pick up their crap, and handed them the rest of their wrappers they left along the way. Said there ain't nobody cleaning this stuff up, up here, so if they could pack it in, they could sure as hell pack it out. So, I stayed with them all the way back down the hill.

They got pretty angry with me for "intruding" on their crowd, but if they can sit and bitch about me ruining the air by riding atv's and tearing up the ground, yet can sit there and throw candy wrappers all over the country side, I'll be damned if I care whether or not I'm "intruding" on their little outting.

Sorry, this whole topic really irritates the heck out of me! The vast majority of the people who complain the most, with the loudest voice, will probably never be seen actually enjoying the outdoors the way the rest of us little people do.

Mike

Old 10-05-2000, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Agree, this summer we have ran across 2 horse riders & thats it. The other were fellow ORV riders (motorcycles & quads).

Once they kick us out of our riding area's who is going to use these places? Who will get the blame for littering once the ORV community is gone? I am sure the greenies will find someone to blame!

Old 10-06-2000, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Here's what you have to do. When they mistakenly send you a letter asking for a donation and they give you a postage free envelope to send your donation back. All you have to do is wrap up a brick or something very heavy that you don't want and apply their postage paid envelope to the package. This way they wind up paying postage on a very heavy item and at a large cost, this depletes their funds and so they have to try and raise more money so they can support their causes. They then send out more mailers that if you can get ahold of you can do the same thing again. A few years ago a couple of friends of mine and I sent Handgun Inc some cinder blocks that way. I wonder if they used them or just threw them away. Either way it cost them about $11.00 in postage for each block.

Old 10-06-2000, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Minehunter, thats a great idea about mailing them something heavy!

Old 10-07-2000, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Thor ...and others..
THEY are everywhere!!
When we ride drunk...THEY are there to record,report and bury us.
When we do donuts on a country crossroads...THEY are the next car to come along.
When we ride with loud quads...THEY are the ones who hear us.
When we raise dust ..THEY are the ones who complain.
When THEY need money...THEY contribute MORE!!!
At election time...THEY VOTE MORE OFTEN!!
When we try to open new trails..please note..THEY are everywhere!!!

Old 10-08-2000, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Another thought on this matter. You can go to the offending greenies web sight and sign up to be on their mailing list, then when they ask for donations in the postage paid envelope. Well that's when you mail them the brick or wheel weights or whatever. Let the post office get their money instead of lawyers who litigate against The BRC and other pro outdoor and gun ownership groups.

Old 10-09-2000, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I get so disgusted with liberal environmentalist who want to shut down public riding areas. They are a bunch of condescending hypocrites. For decades the liberal community has been attacking traditional ethics by saying that you can't force your morality upon another person. But they are forcing their morality on us! They believe that ATVs are morally wrong because they harm the sacred environment that they worship. But if you tell these same liberals that it is ethically wrong to engage in a sexual lifestyle that promotes sexually transmitted diseases you will get blasted with pure hate. I wish those liberals would take a dose of their own medicine and learn some tolerance. They can learn to tolerate the relatively minimal environmental impact of ATVs.

Quick Reply: Where are they? (tree hugging greenies)