Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

They are going to kill us

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They are going to kill us

Originally posted by: 430exrider
We don't know who is puting there. The people around there do not like us to well. Our quads have aftermarket pipes on them so they are a little loud. Witch they ain't know louder than half the truck running up and down the roads.
What hours of the day do you operate your quads? Are your parents or grandparents close enough to where you ride to hear the loud pipes? Is there a reason to continue using the loud pipes when you know it irritates neighbors?

Old 02-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

We don't know who is puting there. The people around there do not like us to well. Our quads have aftermarket pipes on them so they are a little loud. Witch they ain't know louder than half the truck running up and down the roads.
I'm going to assume from what you have said that you have every right to ride where you are riding. I'm going to assume that there are people in your area that hate quads and hate you for riding them and will do anything they can to make your life a living hell. The reason I will assume this is because I do not know all of the parameters...only you do. Also, I live in a great riding area (right out of my gate) and have experienced many, many city folk that have recently moved here to escape the big city that simply HATE off-roaders of any kind. I'm what you would call a responsible rider...many aren't though. But rather than go after the bad elements we have many people in this desert doing everything they possibly can to take away our right to ride on public land. Land that is set aside just for that purpose. Now then, if you have people putting up barb wire or other potential dangers on the land that you have permission to ride on try to find out who these people are and report them to the police. They are tresspassing if the don't have permission to be on the land and they can be prosecuted in any state. Furthermore, nobody has the right to "boobie trap" land in an effort to harm others EVEN IF THEY ARE TRESSPASSING. Agree or not, I don't make the laws. I can tell you this...if I caught someone putting up dangerous traps on my land or on public land that I have a right to use....only God can help them. Anyway, good luck and ride safe and stay on land that you have a right to use. You will always run across those who simply don't like off-roaders and don't like you for being one. We don't much like them either so who cares?

Old 02-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

This pisses me off people around here are starting to put barb wire in our trails. I geuss they think its going to flaten the tires. Well it don't it just wraps around the axle. Witch that suck because it take a good a long time to get it off. I just hope they don't start puting it at neck hight. That would kill you if you was going fast enough. Have any of you all ever herd or seen any thing like this.
people have put it on my own land!

and remember all, we have to get the forum over 2 million posts by next friday!

Fred