Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

New Yorkers petition for trails

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Yorkers petition for trails

You guys are on the right track with this but there is an organization already trying to organize the state and we need your help! Our organization is called NYSORVA. NYSORVA is a group of people from up state NY who have been trying to organize the state for quite some time. We have organized the following counties in upstate NY- Herkimer, Oneida,Jefferson,Franklin,Lewis and Oswego. We have been looking for other counties to join us and organize the whole state. As of now we have a lobbiest to contact the state reps and to do our bidding. We sure could use you people from down state to organize and join in on the fun. There are over 300,000 of us wheelers and if we can get us all together we sure would have some power. I don't know about you people but I am pretty tired of the state taking my registration money and not getting anything for it! If anyone would like to contact me for more information just email me at-espike1@hotmail.com. Our meetings are on the middle of the month;on a Tue. or Wed. Thanks and please think about joining our cause. Please leave a subject in the subject box

Old 08-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

nysorva
that organization is a damn joke
how many miles of trails have you gotten us 500,000 quads in nys and not 1 single public trail
i'll tell you what theres a half a million off road riders who are tired of waiting for your group to do something
if we all wait for your group to get something/someplace ,,our rides will rot to dust
sorry more people dont help your joke of an organization
and ill just keep my quad on private land

Old 08-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer

You know pimpt250r, I understand your point of view. I also ride on alot of private land that I also work on every week so that the landowners are kept happy. You know that the people from region six (thats us) were not happy with the so called head board members of NYSORVA. That is why we are trying to do something about it! If you have an answer to the state riding trails we sure would like to see you at one of our meetings. I drive 1 1/2 hrs to get to the meetings. Come on up to lowville wed.the 16th of august. We would be glad to listen to anyones ideas. The meetings are held at the rivers edge motel. 7:00pm. We need to stick together not fight amongst our selves. For your information there is a brand new trail system in St. Lawrence county that is open now because of the work of the county and a few good people from the local club up there, of which 2 are NYSORVA delegates. Thanks for your input. It all counts for something. Have a great day and safe ride.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Being a damn joke is the mentality of one who complains but never does anything to make a situation any better, I would rather see a answer similar to what can we do to help, where are your meetings, where can we join a club so we can have the numbers in Albany, instead of bitching about something be a man and ask where do you want me to start??

Old 08-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Range Rover

not for nothing,i have over 300 acres at my riding disposal in naples,conesus,and springwater
with that being said
I have already done something
and this is to your comments
I AGREE, WHERE DO I BEGIN
because more people should be doing things
i have registerd all of my lt's 3 plus 1 zilla ,1 blaster,1 warrior(thats what was previous)
but wont be doing my 250r,
for what !
now you ask people to go to meetings, but why? you already have a system that has a wacked out democrocy...
the only advise that i would say is you people need to find a new person in albany...but dont stop at 1 find like 5 ......
OH im not gonna drive 2 hrs for a pointless meeting
i already have to drive an hr to ride

Old 08-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with pimpt on this one. NYSORVA and NYTRO stink. Their activism has amounted to NOTHING. Real good job on pushing the state to open up that state trail system eh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I would gladly give to an organization that I'm convinced would give me something back. I haven't seen these organizations do that.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Let me know how you guys are doing back east. Here in Oregon they're trying to ban kids from riding.

We are trying to stop it (up hill though). Let me know what is going on are kids riding / is anybody riding / has there been a decrease in injury / death etc.

Any info apreciated.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Trailblazer

Well fellow riders, It is almost atv season again and we all have been hearing about the dec trying to close more roads around ny state. But there is some good news up in lewis county. They have a trail coordinator buy the name of Bob Diehl and a trail coordinator from jefferson county by the name of Scott Burto, along with lewis county chamber of commerce representitive Bethany Yost who have been beating down the local and county government doors to get the roads back open for atv season. They have been quite successful in there endeavors as quite a few of the roads that were closed will be reopened for this riding season. They have also been working with the reorganized NYSORVA and along with all of these organizations success has been happening up north. Yes NYSORVA was a big part of this success. Nysorva has been reorganized with new leadership from every region in NY state. There is a representitive from every region like the atv'ers asked for. As of now; Nysorva has asked there county and state reps to reintroduce 5 bills to the state. The new Nysorva president is from the Buffalo area. Lets hope that some good will come from this. Thanks and safe riding. Don't forget the annual Snirt Ride from Barnes Corners Sno Barons on April 14-07. It's on there web site and also on -www.Soggybottomriders.com web site

Old 03-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

ajd187/pimpt250r

After reading your Threads I realized that you both are the type of folks that we would like to see at our meetings. It appears that you both have a great deal of energy that needs to be better spent.
I would like to invite the both of you to ride with us at the SNIRT run. We will be meeting at Barnes Corners around 9 am, Saturday, 14 April. I believe that once you have seen what we have done over the last year you will be willing to work with us. We have a hard road a head and we can use the support of all ATV riders.

Looking forward to a great day of riding

Joe
Director
Region 6

Old 03-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Range Rover

but in order to ride with you,we have to be registered and insured,,,, i dont see the value in that,,for an afternoon of riding,+a 3 hr drive,,
i would just go to Rew P.A
Im sure you guys are making great strides for new york (or should i say, your part of ny)
Kudos to you
but the type of labor that it will take to get NY trail ready, is just not on my things to do list ,,,
2 kids and i work FT, cant waste the little freetime i have, gettin smoke blown up my a$$.
theres places to ride all over, and if NY is so money hungry .
all you need to do is point out how much money 1 person spends on a day of riding,,fuel,food ,possible lodging
than x that by how many quad owners are in NY isnt it over a qtr million (by the way theres more quads and bikes than sleds)1 outta 3 houses has an atv of some sort
it could easily be a 100 million dollars a yr ,for those yuppies screw *****
HOW HARD IS IT TO GET THAT POINT ACROSS
100 mill /or a few **** on horsie's
I stand firm on what i said before
NYSORVA hasnt done a damn thing for NY
or any organization for that matter
again if money is a motivator, how hard is it to crunch some numbers and have someone explain it to the right person,
this could open jobs/bring tourists/ and open new businesses,,
again it should not have taken this long to get us knowhere
all Im sayin is NY is to far behind the 8ball/and someone in your organization has smoked to many
because the trail system here is a joke
i have to say ill pass and give my money to P.A
thanks though

Quick Reply: New Yorkers petition for trails