Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Capital Forest in WA State

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Capital Forest in WA State

After a recent family trip to Capital Forest (in southwestern Washington State), I just wanted to share some personal impressions:

First, the trail system for Quads is outstanding, through some stunning woods/mountains/streams with numerous hill climb pits, whoops, jumps etc.

Easy 80 + miles of terrain, less severe than Walker Valley, for example. More family fun, but plenty of other things make this a great place to ride, like the camping close by (fall creek and middle waddell as two examples)...

But my number one impression, and why I am posting this message, is because of the tons of garbage being dumped there, almost everywhere you rode.

Broken bottles, shotgun shells by the 10,000's, old cars, garbage sacks, energy drinks......

It looked like a ride at the dump(!)

I just don't understand the mindset. Mountain Bikers may be the energy bar/energy drink culprits, but it sure isnt the horse and hiker crowd; they will be the ones sponsering cleanup efforts and park closures to ATV's and Bikers.

Is this really what we want? Please, as they used to say in the National Parks, if YOU brought it in, BRING IT OUT. Use transfer stations for your garbage not the riding and staging areas(!)

My opinion only.

**I originally posted this in "other atv topics" area. My mistake.**

Old 08-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Capital Forest in WA State

I feel your pain....

as with any sport, there are those that don't care, but........
In the few years I've been riding quads I've found that the riding areas also tend to attrach locals that like to party (teens & young adults) and they get very destructive (I've seen this at the Rock Candy staging area and at Moses Lake too)

I like riding at Capital Forest (it is the closest for me) but it is sad to see.

anyway, come Join us at the PSAR thread
Don't try to read all 50,000 posts, just jump in and say Hi! and join us on a ride

Old 06-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

what were the best trails at capitol state forest for a quad or other large ish atv?