Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

What can I put in mud crossings......

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by no1
What part of Ma. are you from? I live in north central.
I live in Haverhill, norhteastern MA on the Methuen/ Salem NH border. Have my own personal trail system that I maintain and I never see anyone (or other tracks) out there. Its a little onley but I like it this way. Noone to ruin the trail or landowner permissions that I worked so hard for. I can leave right form my house and about 1/2 mile away is a great lake that only has a few hses on it, feel like your way up North somewhere. In winter I atv with all my ice fishing gear to it, and I am planning on makeshifting this new ATV flatbed trailer that i just ordered inot a kayak rack so i can trailer it up there and fish in summer too. Also i am cutting a trail to another lake in NH that is about 1 mile away and can do same on that one. its awesome to me, live close to everything yet go out my door and have a trail system. In winter I use a snowmobile or atv honestly, I like driving the ATV better) its my favorite time to ride actually, on frozen groundespecially with a layer of frozen shallow hardpack snowcover. Sorry for the long winded rant. What are your trail systems like?

Brad

Old 03-20-2010, 05:03 PM
no1
Trailblazer

Well Iam just a little west of Fitchburg. There are some great trails out here. All kinds of terrain, flat and easy to oh man I guess Ill try it. I run a 300ex that is set up for the trails. Just went out today for a ride 6.5 hrs, not to bad out there. If you guys want to ride the trails around here let me know. The parking is safe and I have never had any problems. We also have a local atv club if you guy are interested let me know and Ill send ya some info.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm probably registering in NH and ME this year. It would take me about the same amount of time that it takes me to go up North so I generally like riding NH. Maybe sometime in the future. I appreciate the invite.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:57 PM
no1
Trailblazer

Iam doing the same thing Moose. Gonna reg. in NH also this year. NH is great you can get a reg. sticker at so many places. Unlike MA where they only have a handfull of lactions to take my money and provide 4 legal places to ride.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by no1
Iam doing the same thing Moose. Gonna reg. in NH also this year. NH is great you can get a reg. sticker at so many places. Unlike MA where they only have a handfull of lactions to take my money and provide 4 legal places to ride.
Yep, there are 2 places to get them within a 1/2 hour of me. I either go up to RJ's Motorsports or Nault's. Depends what area I'm in. There are dozens of places to ride in NH now. VT is starting to get trail systems straightened away but they and NH are not reciprocating anymore. Maine has thousands of miles, especially up by Moosehead Lake. I hope to vacation up there.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

A few years back, I did some research on trail building and trail building equipment. I have lost all the data long ago with various data crashes, but a simple yahoo search on trailbuilding will turn up a ton of hits. Some of the sites even have pictures and drawings for how to's