OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Kennedy.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kennedy.

Senator Edward Kennedy passed away last night. I can't think of anything good to say about him! Hmmmm. Oh well!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I've had the "privilege" of having him for a Senator most of my life here in Massachusetts. I also can't think of too much I liked about him. On the personal front, he was a lush, cheated on his first wife, left a woman to die in a car flooding with water, ushered in abortion on demand, (could use those 40 million or so taxpayers about now) had fought for homosexual marriage, loved raising taxes, etc. I earnestly hope he repented in his final days. "You shall know them by their fruit...."

Old 08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

You'd think if his brother could put a man in space, he could have gotten a car across a bridge.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:36 PM
no1
Trailblazer

All I can say is the people who work in his office are great. We have a severely handicap daughter. The people in his office would help us fight with the health insurance company, hospitals, doctors to get the MANY tests and services my daughter requires. Iam going to miss seeing the look on peoples faces when I tell them if they dont want to give my daughter the services she needs I will have my contact from Senator Kennedy's office deal with them personally.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

Can't you wait until the man is buried....Zero basic respect for a US Senator, soldier, father.

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I've had the "privilege" of having him for a Senator most of my life here in Massachusetts. I also can't think of too much I liked about him. On the personal front, he was a lush, cheated on his first wife, left a woman to die in a car flooding with water, ushered in abortion on demand, (could use those 40 million or so taxpayers about now) had fought for homosexual marriage, loved raising taxes, etc. I earnestly hope he repented in his final days. "You shall know them by their fruit...."

Old 08-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I don't believe in embellishing the truth. If I were at the funeral I would keep my mouth shut out of deference but I'm not there. I'm on a forum that none of the Kennedy clan is likely to be reading. Even so, if asked I would state the truth about the man, as I did above. He got away with negligent homicide because he is a Kennedy. If it had been you or I we would have ended up in jail. Rightly so. Mary Jo Kopechne isn't here to talk about Teddy. She didn't have the chance to get married and have kids and maybe grandkids. She suffocated in her own exhaled breath in a submerged car while Teddy went home to sober up and call a lawyer. I'm not endeared to "so-called" royalty as some here seem to believe about the Kennedy clan. I believe in living in such a way that your pastor/priest doesn't have to lie about you when you pass away. To my knowledge he never admitted to what he had done. I see a difference between people who humbly admit their wrongdoings and repent (change their behaviour), and a person who tries to cover up what he has done. It's even worse when it causes the injury or death of another. Respect and trust are earned. I don't see that he deserved either on a personal life level. Just my .02 worth. Not my intention to offend anyone, but I'm tired of the canonization of people who live deplorable lives.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Does the Massachusetts State quarter really have a picture of a Lincoln, upside down in a creek with a dead girl in it?

Old 09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ted Kennedy’s Olds Delmont 88

The third Kennedy tragedy in the decade, Ted Kennedy's fatal turn off the Dike Bridge near Chappaquiddick led to the drowning death of political worker Mary Jo Kopechne--and unending whispers about the hours-long lag between the accident and the call to the police. The Olds Delmont 88 was pulled from the water--and unbelievably, Kennedy's career was pulled from the wreckage and continues almost forty years later.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

The coroner's report stated that she was alive and breathing an air bubble until there was no more oxygen left. I heard an interview with one of the police divers years later and he still was upset that Teddy didn't serve any time.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

You don't think that the Kennedy money had anything to do with it do you!??

Remember, there's are more than one justice system in the USA. :-(