Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Originally posted by: Eiger376
Ok I think were getting kinda carried away, hes only going to be hauling a ATV. A lil 4 cylinder Nissan truck could do this job with no problems. But hey if you have the money a 03 Silverado 2500HD/6.6L Duramax Diesel with a Allison Tranny will do great!!!

Firtst of all there is no 6.0n power stroke its a 7.3 litre diesel which has no chance against a Hemi, much less the 5.9 cummins HO.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: bigblock2stroke
For 13k, you could make the HEMI ram smoke the Lightning. You are comparing an SVT special edition vehicle against the base model 1500 Ram. If you want to compare with the Lightning, look at the 2004 SRT-10. It will definately leave the Lightning like it was standing still, if you can get it to get traction.

Personally, I'd by the 2004 HO Cummins 4X4 and get a Banks power pak. I bet it would be faster than the HEMI, get better fuel economy, and pull your house with your ATV's if you wanted.
I couldnt agree more with you. You must be a smart guy.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: uthatch
You guys are sick people LOL!!! You just need to get a 6.0 Powerstroke and cruise past ANY Hemi (I know my Dad has one), 6.0 Chevy (He's got a Denali too), or about anything else for that matter. NOTHING stock out tows this truck. Now if you want speed, get a Lightning. Add the 10K more that the SRT10 will cost to the Lightning and it will leave it like it's standing still. Or save a couple bucks and get a new F-150 and have the nicest new truck on the market. Any way you look at it, you better check out the Ford dealer really close!
First of all there is no 6.0 Power Stroke, it is a 7.3, and it would not cruise past a Hemi, or much of anything else for that matter, and if you want a diesel you cant ask get better than a Dodge Ram with the Cummins HO.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Plainly put, you can't beat a Dodge for power looks or fuel economy, and with the money you will save, by buying a Dodge over a Ford or Chevy, you can make the Dodge even better.

Old 09-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

you know, get off your crack pipe & grow up. really, i have seen what you have posted & im' a litlle worried. get help man.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Tattoo...do you just like hearing yourself talk?
There is a 6.0 PS, it's a POS, but it's still a Power Stroke. Check out dieselstop.com and see all the dissapointed owners of those things. It's really too bad that those guys dumped $40K on that big of a POS.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Range Rover

I wish CAT would make a diesel for the small trucks. Sheeww then you would have a nice truck with the best Diesel ever created known to man.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who would want a hemi, it comes in a dodge. Didn't Chrysler loose like $10 billion last year? They must definitely be on top of everything.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer

Yalk to the guy who has 15,000 miles on a 6.0 Powerstroke with NO problem. That would be me. Or talk to the guy who just got rid of a Hemi because it ABSORBES gas, like nothing I ever saw. That would be me. Talk to the guy with a GMC Duramax with the Allison. That would be me. I've tried or am currently trying them all boys, you think what you want, I know what's best. The Ford would drag the Hemi AND Duramax faster than they will go on their own. I love these forums where everyone has an opion, but knowone knows the facts.

Old 09-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Range Rover

I agree with Tattoo, however, the new Ford Diesel is a 6.0L, it replaced the 7.4L. Lots of warranty problems on the new 6L and you have to take it to the dealer every couple weeks to have the ECM reprogrammed with the latest updates. Ford rushed the 6L to market and now they are paying for it.

There is no way a 7,000lb 325hp truck will beat a 5,000lb 345hp truck. Do the math. If your dad lost to a 6L Ford with his Hemi, he either wasn't racing or he is a bad driver.

I wonder why that commercial with the ford and chevy drag racing with trailers didn't include the 5.9 Cummins. Its because the Dodge HD with Cummins HO has the highest Trailer tow rating offered in a light duty pick up truck.

Here's one more for ya. Did you know that you can order a Ford F-650 or F-750 with a Cummins 5.9L that has a higher GVW that the same truck with a powerjoke. Why is that?

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv