Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 01:17 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Since the new GTO is a Luxury Cruiser i would hope the Mustange owns it. Mustang own firebirds/camaros in the 80's but were sadly far behind the chevy's in the 90's....

Old 11-11-2003, 01:21 AM
Range Rover

[i]Originally posted by: [b]8042[/b Now Thats Gonna Really throw Some Mechanics For A Terrible Spin I Would Hate To Rebuild That Suck I MAY Could Do It But It Would Be Hard Because Of The Cam Configuration It Has 1 Cam Then Another Little Cam For THat 5th Cylinder. That Would Be Interesting To Tear Into And Look What And How It Was Engineered.
It a straight 5 just like a straight 6. ONE camshaft -- not 2.....

Old 11-11-2003, 01:23 AM
Range Rover

That is true, but for daily use the mustang was a much better car. The backseat was small but usable, not just a decoration like the one in the camaro. They also were/are much tighter cars, don't rattle like the camaro. These are some of the reasons they outsold the camaro 3 to 1. Don't get me wrong I'm not denying that they were quick cars, they just didn't have the mass appeal of the mustang.

Old 01-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

It's funny how everybody tries to beat the ford lightning every year. When they do beat the lightning ford just tweaks it a little more and there all left at the line. Ford is updating the lightning and rumors say it will have 500+ hp. I now own a 2004 ram 1500 5.7 quad cab if you think i'm just another ford owner. Chevy has pretty much thrown in the towel trying to beat ford with there 454 ss, They just could not match what ford was doing and remain competitivly priced.

Old 01-07-2004, 05:42 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: DEMag
[quote]
Originally posted by: Specta
logboo

. You see, the 5.4 is such a pig, Ford needed to slap a Supercharger on there, and it still only makes 40 more HP then the naturally aspirated (that means no forced air induction for the uneducated) Hemi. And the SRT-10 will not be "keeping up" with the Lightning, it will be blowing it away. No pun intended. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Demag, I think you NEED TO GET EDUCATED, 40 more hp you say?????????? The stock lightning does not have 40 more HP it has 35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 01 and 02 Lightnings have 380 hp not 385 and are intercooled, the 99-00 made only 360hp like the Harley Editions and are not intercooled!!! ALSO WHY DONT YOU LOOKE UP TEAM JDM'S LIGHTNINGS, 9.4 SECOND LIGHTNING WITH NEARLY 1000HP!!! REMEMBER LITTLE MAN, ONE OF THE BEST CAR TUNERS IN THE WORLD BUILT THE LINGENFELTER TWIN TURBOED 427CI VETTE WITH MEGA HP AND YOU KNOW WHAT TIMES IT RAN LITTLE MAN?????????????????????? 8.9-9.4. I would say that ford is very well capable of being modified!!! Oh yeah, did I mention I owned a lightning??? When you buy a brand new Lightning you are signed up as an SVT member, got my membership id to prove it!!! I bought an Team JDM pulley kit and rechipped my comp. Its funny how under $400.00 worth of mods I dropped BELOW 13's!!!!!!!! By the way the Lightning brand new around here is $32,385.00 same as the 03 cobra!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LMAO!! Man I am too....

I wish I would have just skipped to the last post and read what Bartlett just wrote.LOL! would have saved me ALOT of time.

FYI, Nissan is now the NEW king of trucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Thier TRITAN fullsize pick-up is head and ahoulders more powerfull than the NEW Ford, HEMI dodge,or chebby. DAMN [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 01-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Ahhhhhhh, the thread that will not die!

Old 01-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
LMAO!! Man I am too....

I wish I would have just skipped to the last post and read what Bartlett just wrote.LOL! would have saved me ALOT of time.

FYI, Nissan is now the NEW king of trucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Thier TRITAN fullsize pick-up is head and ahoulders more powerfull than the NEW Ford, HEMI dodge,or chebby. DAMN [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Bigger.

You Have That Right That New 5.6L Nissan Engine Is Pretty Stought 305Hp Pretty Good But I Knew nissan Could Manage They Are Good Cars/Trucks

Old 01-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

Yep Yep looks like Nissan is going to be king for a while. Im glad to, I really respect Nissan for making that truck because its a very nice pick up. Cant beat 305 HP 379lb/ft and with all the options is $28,000. While Chevy, ford, and dodge are bout 6-7 grand more.

Old 01-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

6 or 7 grand more for a ford? man for that price you can get an f-350 crew cab dually with the 6.0 powerstroke in it. mine was $32500 which is only $4000 more than the nissan and will drag more than twice what the nissan can pull. you can get an f-150 with 300hp for the same price as the nissan so it just depends on what you like because the towing capacity is so close it doesn't matter.

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv