A FEW Q'S PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003 | 01:12 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default A FEW Q'S PLEASE!

Hello! If anyone could please provide a few tips or answers to my questions I would greatly appreciate it.

First I just bought a 1985 Suzuki LT230S, I replaced the fiber plates and it now runs fine. I usually use the compression release for 15-20 kicks when i first crank it that day and then it will crank first regular kick.

I really like this ATV, I could have bought a newer one but this one was a good deal and I just love the looks of it.

I think it is pretty fast! Sure it's not as fast as other sport quads but it's still quick and fun.

Anyway when I'm riding it I'll floor it and it will go but it takes a few seconds before the real power comes and it really takes off, why is this? My friend said he thinks the clutch it slipping but I think it feels normal.

Another Q is how to wheelie good? I can pop it up and all but I just can't hold it up. I'm just under 200 pounds so where should I be sitting at? What gear should it be in?

Also if you stand an ATV on it's grab bar will it hurt it?

Sometimes when I am riding it the rear end will make this weird noise, I'm 99% sure it's the axle bearings so I ordered a new set of bearings and the dust seals plus a K&N air filter. When I put the filter in will any other adjustments need to be made or anything like that?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2003 | 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default A FEW Q'S PLEASE!

You would probably have a lot better luck in the Suzuki forum. I dont believe you will have to adjust anything once you changed the seals.

Now on the wheelie'n.......it sounds like an underpowered quad, your best luck is to sit at the very back of the quad and hit a small bump and gas it to get the front end up. Probably second gear or third is your best bet. From there is just finding a balancing point, it can be very unerving in the beginning, it feels like it could go back very easy, and it did on me a few times (im on a warrior though). It just takes practice from there, and you can ride as long as you want to them through all the gears.....good luck

Life is a garden. Dig it!!!!!!

-------------------
86 trx250r - on life support.......stupid bearings
97 warrior