Anyone hate their job?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone hate their job?

In high school I worked at a chicken ranch, picking eggs. It was the most dirty, smelly, horrible low grade job in the world. Worked on Christmas day, and New Year's day. Eggs never stop coming. But it fed my habits, and when the lumber business sucks I do remember what else is out there and where I've been.

But we all dream about being like the guys you see on Discovery Channel, doing what you love and working 65 happy hours a week because it's your passion, and the wealth comes in as a side effect.

Those people are usually the risk-takers, who have failed several times before, and kept their chin up through some real crap. Almost all the rich people I've known have earned it. Enough philosophy, it's too cold to ride and I'm drinking Shady Ale.

Old 10-31-2003, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

I use to like my job a lot better than I do now. It's at that point where it's boring...I just can't leave it though, cuz I have my bills to worry about....So I don't know..maybe I'll have a career change later on..

Old 10-31-2003, 09:30 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I used to hate my job

so I quit

Now I like my job

Old 11-03-2003, 04:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If work was fun then they wouldnt pay us, or at least pay us as much. And if we all had our dream jobs, who would clean up after the party was over??? In fact, who would design/make/sell/ship/resell/install/maintain the things we need for the party?

Old 11-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Hate my job? lmao! It's like a big suck hole. Everytime I walk into this place I feel more of my life being sucked out. Life sure goes by fast when your living for the weekends. What really drives me crazy are the optimist who will try to tell you how good you have it and that there are a lot of people who don't have it as good. OK, maybe so but that doesn't change how I feel. Somebody let me off of this F#cked up spinning rock!

Old 11-03-2003, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

one thing i have found out over the years is the more i make per hour the more i seem to owe??? the toys just keep getting more expensive. i don't want to go back but when i first got married i worked construction making $5.00 per hr and i was happier and had no stress. man if it wasn't for excedrine i wouldn't make it to the weekend. like i said though i'm not stupid enough or rich enough to give up this living h*##. it ain't 3:30 yet?

Old 11-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer

Can't say as I really hate my job. Just some of the folks I work with. They kinda get to ya after 21 years working with them, convicts I mean. I'm a Sergeant in the Texas Prison System. Some day I'll retire and tell my grand kids stories. I do wish the pay was better. But, who doesn't.

Old 11-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

i'd like to be a gaurd in an all womans prison[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] i have a friend thats is, but she's also a woman! i think she injoys it too though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2003, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

TexasPsycho, one of the units I work at is all female. I got to tell ya, you have never seen a more scuzzy bunch of women in your whole life. They are far worse than men to deal with. They'd just as soon slit your throat as look at you. And, they are far more manipulative than men. You certainly wouldn't want to fool with any of them, if you know what I mean. For one thing you don't know what kind of disease they might have. And, for another, if you get caught it is a felony here in Texas. Go to jail, do not pass go.

Old 11-05-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to hate my job, so I left. Havn't worked in 8 months. Might start looking pretty soon. My wife thinks both of us should be working.

My brother is the only person I know who LOVES his job. He is a Salt Lake County Sheriff. He improves the quality of life for all who live in this valley. Police Officer of the Year in 2001 and was number 2 in the nation the same year. Shot two armed bank robbers trying to take a female teller hostage 4 days before Christmas. 90% of hostages taken from the crime scene die. They didn't listen. Don't - - - - with my brother.

Quick Reply: Anyone hate their job?