high school: time of your life NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high school: time of your life NOT!

I have a hard time believing high school is the time of your life. It hasn't been all that great at all. Biology and spanish 2 are giving me a hard time. Why do I have to study something that I'm just going to forget when I have a real job? The only fun I have is when I have substitute teachers. I find myself dreading waking up each morning to go there. Friends help school go by a little bit easier but it still sucks. I can't imagine going to work everyday being worse. I was assigned 4 different projects all due within a 2 week period. Finals are on there way too. My grades have slipped every report card. How did you get through high school? Only eight more school days till christmas break though. I guess I have that to look foward to. I still have 3 and a half years to go. And then there is college. That is another four years. I can't wait until I don't have homework to do, projects to turn in, tests to study for, and teachers bossing me around.

Old 12-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

You and I think alike! I really cant stand homework, reports, essays, tests... I cant wait till I'm out of school and can work and get paid for it. Then I can afford a new quad and all the parts I want for it. I hear college is easier to handle and more fun than highschool... More parties and free time, sounds good to me. But I'm sure the work is also harder, I cant imagine writing a 40 page report, no way!

Old 12-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Senior in highschool now...Last summer was THE LONGEST 3 months of my life. I actually dont want to graduate. The best thing to do is make the most out of it...go to the sports games and all that...

ohh and as far as grades slipping...when I tried to study..they slipped, when I sat on my *** not worrying about nething...I got a's and b's galore! lol but that is just me

Old 12-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

If someone tells you that High School is the best time of your life, run away. There are some folks that feel that way but they are not right in the head or have had a crappy adult life. You have no money, no confidence, no experience, no freedom, no respect, and no responsibility. Well OK, it would be fun to have no responsibility:-) Enjoy the fun times in high school but don't think for a minute that life only gets worse.

Here's something to think about when you wonder how you'll get through high school - HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people have already done it, are they better than you??:-)

Old 12-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say is....when I'm sitting at a stop light and see a bus full of school kids all I can think is "Live it buds, live it up....it's all uphill from there"

You think school is hard?

You can't be fired from school, you do the work asked of you and you go home.....that's tough?

Try joining the military, try spending your holiday "vacation" away from your family in some foreign land getting shot at, floating on a ship in the middle of the deep blue sea without a thimble full of dirt in sight.

Try supporting a family, a car payment, house payment and the untold expenses of each......you don't come out of high school pulling down the big bucks....you don't even do that after years of college!

Sorry, no sympathy from me....

Think it's tought getting up for school? Try working 70 hours a week while trying to maintain your sanity because of work deadlines, children appointments, family obligations and bills due.

High school isn't the time of your life........maybe.....is ig going to get much better?......maybe in college....will it get better then----- NOPE!!!!

I was told this when I was in school and it went in one ear and out the other.....I knew it all.......boy was I ever wrong! Trust me, it's certainly some of the best times you'll ever have.....

Don't get me wrong, I have a great time now but I can't go off and act the fool like I could in school.....there's a thing now called responsibility, JAIL, maturity and accountability....it's fun now but a whole lot different kind of fun.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:34 PM
Range Rover

Couldnt have been said any better Rook !! Only thing I wish for is that i could have known what i know now in highschool. Then again that couldnt really happen!

Good luck to you kids, Just make sure you Grad. and learn the 'real' world. Dont be afraid to Join the Airborne Infantry either. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

All I can say is school sucks! If life only gets worse, that sucks too! I cant stand even the thought of going back to school tomorrow... gives me chills.

Old 12-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

you guys just wait, you might not be having any fun now, but
when you look back you'll remember them as great times..

Old 12-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

I've noticed all the people that are like "Oh live it up in HS because it's not gonna get any better, you're gonna have a crappy job working a million hours a week and this and that" are ALL married and have kids..... I got the solution for you people... DON'T get married and DON'T have kids!! That's your choice, but 99% of the people that arn't married and don't have kids have a decent job, got money, don't have a b!tch nagging on them all the time, and don't have a pile of bills on the table..... Now that may be a bit harsh but think about it... I'm only 16 but I see what goes on. For example my older brother: He had a great job, not devoted to one woman, a nice truck, extra money when needed, not a bunch of bills, went out every weekend and had a great time with plenty of money for the rest of the week till pay day, and so on........ But then he had a kid with a woman, the b!tch is a total pshyco, bunch of hospital bills, had to buy a house, of course be a Daddy and support the woman and kid, has to work LOTS of hours, and honestly his world has come crashing down because he's depressed and has a drinking problem because of it.......

Now, it's his fault he had a kid and have these big responsibilities and it's YOU that can choose how your life will be after highschool and college and I honestly don't believe highschool is the "time of your life" because it's peoples choices NOW that affect your life later on. I'm not saying school sucks either what so ever. But I'm taking my statement (your choice NOW affects your life LATER) into BIG consideration on how MY life will be. First I plan on doing well or trying the best I can in school so it will be easier to get into college and be able to good in college so I can find a really good job and work my way to the top!.... THEN, I will be having "the time of my life"...... Think about what I said folks.. It might affect you for the better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

I don't have kids and am not married, I own my own house and truck, 4-wheeler, riding lawn mower, big-a$$ widescreen TV, killer home theater, yada, yada, yada.....

I still had it easier in school.....and like I said it's a different kind of fun now.....

Choices now do make a huge difference in your future life....stay in school, learn all you can, get good grades and hope for the best....

Just don't forget that you WILL look back on your school years with fond memories!

And it's so much easier to take a teacher "bossing you around" than to have the guy that signs your paycheck and holds all power of raises have a bad day and take it out on you....by handing you a pink slip!

Quick Reply: high school: time of your life NOT!