Funniest atv stories

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funniest atv stories

Hey folks,

I'd like to hear some of your funniest atv stories. Anything goes including wrecks, mechanical problems, encounters with wildlife, etc...

This should be fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

its one of those you had to of been there. but i was riding down this trail on my property and i wanted to miss this huge puddle. ( i went thought it a million times so i thoguht i would miss it) well i went up on the side of the trail but the rear end kicked out and i went into a snow bank and flipped off and slid bout 4ft down teh trail and the bike tipped over. it was funny to me.

Old 03-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

How about, changing your plug drunk for a night ride and forgetting to put the plugwire back on and then trying to start it for 30 minute's then having everone in camp trying to start it and then trying to pullstart it for a while. after about an hour of trying to start it being relly drunk and mad at this point redy to start kicking my bike out of anger I pull the carb apart, flush it out and when I put the carb back together and try again and still dosent start, I check the wire and relize how stupid I was. quickly put the wire on and refuse to tell every one waiting because I dident want the amberassment. By that time everyone one was over the night ride.

Old 03-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im kind of glad that happened to you. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is pretty stupid. They made a law against that when driving vehicles for a reason. If you were on private property of something like that then its your own business, but still.

Old 03-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

My buddy was driving his quad in some serious 4x4 country(mud, hills). He turned it off while taking a rest. He went to start it and it wouldnt start. So the next logical choice was to use the pull start. The pull rope broke. He was mad as a hornet and said he took a log and beat that thing with it for about 10 minutes. He was by himself and had to walk out of the bush. (5 hour walk) I wont say what type of quad it was but it rhymes with Belarus.

Old 03-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

me and a friend were riding through a field at St. Joe state park in missouri...theres thousands of little bitty pine trees that we were running over with the beartrackers we had at the time. ...my friend nick went up to one he thought he could take down..he hit it slow, gave it some gas, front end went up the tree, and kept going up the tree until he was sitting on the ground LOL

Old 03-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

last christmas I was out riding the TB around and the snow was probably 3 or 4 inches deep for the most part and I was out cruzin around and I climeb a snow pile my dad made with his plow and then we went in for christmas lunch like normal...well later on that day one of my uncles was out side and he said that I couldnt make it up a certain hill and I said not right now...then he went into the whole "you aint got a hair on your @$$" deal and so I tried it...made it with no problems what so ever... I went up to him and told him it would be kinda hard to get stuck because the snow was hard and you didnt sink in that much...he told me that their was a place where I would get stuck and pointed to drifts that devleoped along a old fence line that wasnt there ne more...well I was like ya I know I will get stuck..I was cruzin along doin 360's down the drive way and then I am like...screw it I will go for it...I punched it and got to about 35 I wanna say and BAMM! Stoped dead in my tracks and also went over the bars...came close to hittin my tree and ornaments on the bars

Old 03-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Range Rover

yeah that snow is fun. i was going down a bike path in the winter in alaska so it was nothin but a sheet of ice and my friend in front of me stopped all of a sudden. i really wasn't paying attention. but i slammed on the brakes and went to his right but then he pulled off to the right so i had to swerve left into the 5ft snow bank. needless to say my quad stopped pretty fast. next thing i know im upside down in the snow bank with my friends digging me out. all i could see was snow. it was a little chilly but i wasn't hurt so it was good for a laugh.

Old 03-09-2004, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

We were at Sand Fest at Little Sahara in OK and there was a guy that was with us and we were night riding..And went to the other end of the park to the south camp ground and this guy tried to be cool with his 3 wheeler and got it up on 2 wheels... Miss calculated his front tire and turned to hard or somthing and he rolled it in front of a group of about 15-20 mostly girls.. And I have NEVER seen someone get back on a machine and skat that fast... We rode for about another 3-4 hours.. It was about 3am and he was already back to camp and passed out.... We where busting up,,The next morning we asked what happened and he got all bent out of shape... It was funny as he!!....

Old 03-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

Great stories...Keep em coming

Here is one for ya

I was riding my old atc 200 alongside my friend who had a 125 fourtrax. He started acting like he was going to side swipe me. I started playing back with him. We probably looked like a couple of competitive nascar drivers. We were not touching but were coming as close as possible without rubbing tires. Suddenly my friend lunged over into me. My rear tire ran over his front tire and just slammed me into the gravel at about 30 mph. The next thing I knew, my 200 was on my back and my face was in the gravel. My friend ran like a mad man and literally threw the 200 off me (talk about an adrenaline rush) . I was completely fine. My 200 was also fine but the gas tank flew off in the process (No worries, I just stuck it back on and fired it up).

My friends 125 did not have a front fender anyway so it came out fine. My friend however had to use his feet to stop the bike in a hurry (because it did not have brakes) and I think his legs got burned by the rear tires rubbing them as he came to a stop but I can't remember for sure. That would not have been the only time that he rubbed the skin off his calves with the 125.

This sure was not funny when it happened but it seemed funny afterwards.

Quick Reply: Funniest atv stories