If Harley-Davidson produced a sport quad...would you buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 04:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If Harley-Davidson produced a sport quad...would you buy it?

Originally posted by: Glenlivet
I once allowed my opinions to be formed by magazines and uninformed friends. Now I am growed up. I don't give a fig for the patriotism thing. I'm Canadian. My Harley is 20 years old and runs like a charm, year after year, long after most Japanese bikes have been recycled it is stronger than ever. You don't have to agree or believe. I'll see you on the highway as I ride on by.
Right On!!!! Mine just hit the big 28! The best thing is.........................................its still worth more NOW than most NEW Jap bikes. And it will only get better

Old 05-11-2004, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Glenlivet
I once allowed my opinions to be formed by magazines and uninformed friends. Now I am growed up. I don't give a fig for the patriotism thing. I'm Canadian. My Harley is 20 years old and runs like a charm, year after year, long after most Japanese bikes have been recycled it is stronger than ever. You don't have to agree or believe. I'll see you on the highway as I ride on by.
I have yet to agree with you on even one thing.
Anything more than that will sound like a personal insult.

Old 05-11-2004, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider

That's great. Having my own personal critic makes me feel like I have truly arrived! But as I said, you don't have to agree. I like my Harley, made in your country, thank you, and I'll ride it on by. Feel free to disagree, but I have to admit I don't know at all where you're coming from, bud.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

all through high school i wanted a harley but they were just to much $$$. in 1999 i finally bought my first harley a buell x-1 lightning, harleys bad a$$ sport bike. after riding for about three months and being out ran by just about every cbr600 on the road i swap it off. harley is pretty reliable on the road but i don't think they could take the punishment a quad will give it. plus one reason there are so many older harleys around is because they are so easy to rebuild, not saying cheap though. if the quad is built for drags then it would be hard to beat but thats about the only place it would be better. i will say they made a step in the right direction with the v-rod but they need to get a better chassis and suspension now, more sport bike and less cruiser.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

um prolly not,HD is both obscenly over priced an overrated an underperformanced stock from oem.There 2 damn elitist snob for me when I see 1,I think of yuppy ibm weekend wannabe an not the real blue collar,hardcore biker types anymore.If ya know how 2 design a frame or fabricate an weld u could get a 2000 dollar crate motor an walla have a bike for prolly less then 10 grand.No quad I feel I worth 10 gs let alone 5 gs even if it is built to that standard.I would think if harley makes a quad for over 10 grand it will either set another stupid standard for them gotta have it people or it will really make the quad industry look bad.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

i think harly can stick to motorcycles, i wouldn't mind seeing what they are capable of,

Old 05-11-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

NO, Beacause then I would have to wear chaps and doo-rags and have tattoos and hang out w/ the wannabe "bikers".

Old 05-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

Imagine the dirt tracks infested with elitist Hell's Yuppies like the streets are.

Hey Harley riders, when someone on an 'other' bike waves, use the whole hand to wave back, not just the middle finger.

Old 05-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Cheapass
Imagine the dirt tracks infested with elitist Hell's Yuppies like the streets are.

Hey Harley riders, when someone on an 'other' bike waves, use the whole hand to wave back, not just the middle finger.
Only to people like yourself. Otherwise I am completely respectful to any rider out there and wave back. I dont care what you ride. All that matters to me is that you are out there riding. I wish though that some of you people would get your heads out of your @sses and have a little more respect for those of us that DO wish to ride an American Icon.

Old 05-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I picture H-D buying into Polaris like John Deere did with Bomb. Maybe H-D could come up with plastic that actually covers the gas tank on the Pred.

Quick Reply: If Harley-Davidson produced a sport quad...would you buy it?