STREET LEGAL QUADS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2000, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quads are now legal on the roads...only in some places. I think this is a great idea, riding your quads to work...LOL.

Old 07-31-2000, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Tell me about it! your lucky. I have contacted the big man here in Quebec and he would not even listen to me. I wanted to send him some specs for approval and he just brushed me off! Kept on stating legal mumbo jumbo.

I hate ignorant people with enough power to legislate and enforce sucky laws. Maybe it being legal where you are will eventually rub off on the laws here...

Where exactly are you allowed to go and what needs to be done to the quad?

Old 07-31-2000, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

i was thinking about getting a ds650 to make legal if i foudn some one selling it to get the raptor

Old 07-31-2000, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure if their legal here yet(in Canada), but in the states I think they are.

Visit www.ftconnect.com/~mtryke this site is about street legal quads.

Old 08-02-2000, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer

I checked out those Quad modifications on the aforementioned website. They look really cool and all however I don't think they are legal here in Michigan under any circumstances. It is really a raw shake since during the winter snowmobiles can ride along-side roads however if a quad run on the shoulder prepair for a ticket!

Old 08-02-2000, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

It's the same here too, snowmobiles are allowed on the shoulders of the roads in the winter and ATV's aren't allowed to touch the roads or a tickett is given....I've seen alot of atv's stopped on the side of the road with police cars behind them....they should let us on the roads at least in the winter months....whats wrong with ATV's on roads....they can't tip like motorcycles. And they have great raction on slippery surfaces....
IS ANYONE A POLICE OFFICER?? CAN YOU TELL US WHY THEY DON'T LET ATV'S ON THE ROAD???

Old 08-03-2000, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not a police officer...but here are my comments....
Everyone dreams of making there quads street legal..and then theres the snowmobile thing... Most of the places I have been where snowmobiles are driven on the road are small towns or country settings....I have never seen a snowmobile going down a highway at 55-65 mph. And even though I own a banshee that's capable of pretty fast speeds...I would not want to be on the road with it. I'm not sure just how well it would hold up to 20 minutes of 55+ mph every day to work.

I know snomobiles have limited emission systems...like quads...and I think this has alot to do with it...Has anyone tried to put full coverage insurance on your quad lately?..Not easily done for a good price.

I was given a hard time when I converted an enduro to on road. I would like to try a banshee that has been lowered with radials...In stock form...most wheelers are just to tall to ride safely on the roads in my opinion.

With the advent of some of the large displacement 4 strokes available now....I think things might change....But to be honest..I would not want to be in my truck following somebody on a blaster or smaller going down the highway.

Maybe if they make a minimum displacement rule or something.

And if you did take the time to prep a quad for the road...It would not be much fun in the woods.
I guess I would not mind having a street legal quad for those short jaunts to the store or something like that.
I don't know...Just a few opinions.

Old 08-03-2000, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think it would be a great idea for Highway use but it sure would be fun for around town type usage. But also a quad isnt any smaller than a street bike! So I dont see what the difference between driving behind a street bike or a quad would pose?

Old 08-03-2000, 01:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Talk to WyoRider. He has both his Banshee and Warrior licensed for street use. This is Wyoming though, the last true frontier.

RoostKing...

Old 08-03-2000, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Here in Quebec the laws are really severe. I wanted to get mine legal. Two local gov't branches said go for it and the last shut me down...

So I said "OK I will get a dirtbike and make it street-legal"... No go for that either. They sell half/half bikes for on and offroad but you can not take the same (motocross) bike with the same motor and just add lights and different tires???

I don't get it....

Quick Reply: STREET LEGAL QUADS!!!!!!!