crotch rocket questions HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crotch rocket questions HELP

i've been riding bike since i was 5 y/o and have been on street bikes since i was 15. if this is you first bike don't get something that requires a lot of skill. a cbr600 would be the biggest you should get and even with it you will need to be carefull because it will hit over 120 in a heart beat and at that speed you had better know what to do if something happens, cars pulling out in front of you, animals running out in front of you, blown tire or just a curve coming up quick. the r1 is way to much for a new rider and the busa will kill you. also someone said the speed on the busa was 182 but it's actually 194 from the factory and come get over 200 with a few mods. the gsx1000 is also to much bike for anew rider. as for the front ends coming up, all the larger cc bikes will pull the front end pretty easy and they will also wear out a bike tire if your to happy with the throttle taking off. not sure what your talking about on the tipping. sport bikes are balanced very well but they will tip over just like any other bike if you go to far over. i have had to replace the peg slidders on my daytona about four times since i have owned it because of dragging the pegs in the corners but have only dropped it once, like a dumba$$ i thought the stand was down and dropped it in the driveway. insurance can be high depending on what bike you get. the insurance on my busa is fairly high but i'm also 41 so that helps a lot. the insurance on my daytona isn't bad at all because the insurance company conciders it a sport cruiser even though it will stick with the cbr900rr. the buell x1 lightning i had was very cheap because it was a harley, it was slow to but handled great. ducatis are expensive because if the way the frames are mad and the basicly use the best suspension parts. ducatis arn't that fast but have lots of tourqe, are balanced almost perfect and are light so the can go into and come out of the turns fast. plus your paying for a winning name. depending on what type you wanting i would say look at the buell blast. it's price is good and it does very good in the curves and would be a good bike to learn on. don't buy a bike just because it has high hp or mph until you learn how to handle one in the curves.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

A Duck (Ducati) is a very well made bike with good performance. the Ferrari of bikes, so to speak.

The Hayabusa is impressive, and has a hella fast capability off the showroom floor. The king of the drags, however, is still the 82-84 Suzi GS1150.

And if you are looking at the Hayabusa or GSX1000 as your first street bike, please fill out an organ donor card, and we'll mis ya!

Old 06-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Guy who sits in the office next to me, his kid bought a 600 Yamaha last year new. Never made it to his first payment. Luckily, he lived, but the bike didn't. Learn how to turn and stop before playing ricky racer.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

to much power and to little experiance will kill. a few years ago a friend of mine road my daytona and fell in love with street bikes. he had never been on a street bike in his life but had raced mx. he went down to the honda shop and picked up a brand new 1100xx blackbird. three weeks later he was in the hospital with both legs broke plus a few ribs. he was going down a street that was wet from rain and came up on his street to fast. he said he barely touched the rear brake and the next thing he knew he was flying in the air. the bike slide into the sidewalk curb and launched him into a building wall. the bike slid down the sidewalk and broke a fire hydrante off totalling the bike. he didn't have enough experiance to know to stay off the rear brake. now he's back on dirt bikes and says he will never get back on a street bike.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

your first streetbike is gonna be ultimatley up to you. My self would never recommend an 1000 of any sort. And like texas said the busa is alot faster than rated at. and for the R1 i think she will do faster than 169 with the new 180 hp while the ram air is working. My firt bike was a R6 and by no means is it a slouch. Very few people are able to bring the true capabilities out of this bike. With a really good rider it is capable of beating a 1000 cc bike on the track. I feel a R6 are for beginers, if they are responsible enough to not go out and mess around and know the bikes capabilities and thereselves. People like that are the ones that end up being a satistic. Anybody can go 170 in a straight line but to have control of your bike is the key. Just my .02 cents.
and texas how is that supra doing. you get over the 1000 mark yet.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

TexasPsycho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]ops,my bad,I thought the stock Hayabusa did the same as the Kawasaki ZX-12,I stand corrected. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

no problem choky. the supra hasn't even been started in about two months. we started the second part of our house remodel and i'm tapped out! man i can barly afford to fuel up my excursion and atvs to go ride. looks like it's not gona get much done to it this year since all summer we will be remodeling ( adding my game room!) and after that the holidays will be coming up. hopefully after the first of next year i will be able to take it to dallas to a tuner i know and let him help me out, still don't know a lot about all the turbo and computor stuff yet. i've got to get off my butt and get some pics up of it and my excursion, don't think i will be showing the , i think i have the ugliest one around.

Old 06-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

who you having do your motor, titan motorsports. Yea i don't have one but i think im gonna get one around the first of next yr. either that or the new R1 haven't decided yet. Those things can be pretty costly. I think you pretty much have to take it to a dyno to get it tuned, from what i understand they are one of the most complicated motors around. Well anyways. good luck with the car. And happy whiplash in that thing

Old 06-07-2004, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

a 600 is not too much bike for a beginnner.my bro had a cbr600f2 and he only laid it down 2 times the first week he had it and that was from not putting his feet down when he stopped.but when he started to get used to it and started stunting it he had a few crashes.just know your limits on it.i recommend the gsxr600 cause its my favorite bike,i want a black and grey gixxer600

Old 06-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shawn03
but when he started to get used to it and started stunting

And THAT is why you don't buy sportbikes for kids.

Quick Reply: crotch rocket questions HELP