Imagine you catch someone trying to steal your ATV.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imagine you catch someone trying to steal your ATV.

Originally posted by: reconranger
AnimalMother-I am appalled! You KNOW BETTER than to load more than 28 rounds in a 30 round magazine! Drop and give me 10!
so, whats so wrong with that? and only 10?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

standard infantry 11b soldier carries 210 rounds, which equals to 7, 30-round magazines. there is no problem in carrying 30 rounds in a 30 round magazine(for thats what their designed to carry), if the magazine is not all jacked up. If the magazine is jacked up, it should be dx'ed.

Old 06-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The M16/AR15 family is prone to "bolt over base" failures to feed the first round from a fully loaded magazine. By only loading 28, you relieve some pressure on the magazine spring, and that usually takes care of the problem.

So, never load more than 28, never use reverse on an 01 Raptor, and never assume anybody has a sense of humor!

Old 06-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

i would be affraid they had a gun so i would just call the cops[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] or if they didnt i would tackle them and give them a few wacks then let them run.

Old 06-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

never use reverse on an 01 Raptor?

Are you saying that reverse is the cause of all of the 01 raptor trans problems?!?! I have never heard this before, please elaborate.

Old 06-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

The M16/AR15 family is prone to "bolt over base" failures to feed the first round from a fully loaded magazine. By only loading 28, you relieve some pressure on the magazine spring, and that usually takes care of the problem.

So, never load more than 28, never use reverse on an 01 Raptor, and never assume anybody has a sense of humor!
well, that does make sence, but my quad doesn't have reverse[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2004, 02:03 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

The 01 Raptors have transimssion problems, and the word is that you can avoid them by never putting it in reverse. Just one of the things you hear around. Who knows for sure???

Old 06-20-2004, 06:07 AM
Trailblazer

if you knew what you were doing then you wouldnt have a double feed.... and thats from a 12B.

Old 06-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: AnimalMother85
AnimalMother-I am appalled! You KNOW BETTER than to load more than 28 rounds in a 30 round magazine! Drop and give me 10!
so, whats so wrong with that? and only 10?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I just assumed Animal had a 50 round clip and there was nothing big enough left to shoot the other 18 rounds at. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And yes, you should always short load any clip over 10 rounds. This is not just a "bolt over" issue but rather keeps the mag spring from being fully compressed for long periods of time. When fully compressed the spring can become weak and cause misfeeds on the last several rounds in the mag. Leaving a mag loaded in storage is not a good thing.

Old 06-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Talk is cheap!!!!! all you guy talking about shooting them.....BULL!!!!! Don't get me wrong a have 10 guns, but to shoot someone for steeling my ride, no way....not worth spending the rest of my life in jail; YOU CAN NOT SHOOT UNLESS YOU ARE IN DANGER OF YOUR LIFE.....some dumb a$$ steeling your ride is not endangering your life, so shuttup!!!! some of you make me sick..........and to answer your question on the thread....... I would knock the crap out of them, no matter how big they are....only worth a couple days in jail at max, well worth it.

Quick Reply: Imagine you catch someone trying to steal your ATV.