Heating the house....

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating the house....

What do you use to heat your home? Oil, gas, electric, wood, etc.... Any different ideas?

Heating oil cost are up about 57 cents per gallon from this time last year. I'm looking for ideas. I also burn wood in a fireplace. (w/ insert) I have a lot of wood stocked up so far. I'm just looking forward to next winter. Maybe making some changes.

Old 11-18-2004, 05:48 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My gas bill will hit about $70 in the dead of winter.

It's the $250 electric bill in July and August that kill me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

we use propane. When the bedroom gets a little cold at night, I'll stick a cold toe up in the "Y" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and then the wife gets all fired up. I just have to move fast so I don't get kicked while I'm vulnerable.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2004, 08:52 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: LEP7MM
we use propane. When the bedroom gets a little cold at night, I'll stick a cold toe up in the "Y" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and then the wife gets all fired up. I just have to move fast so I don't get kicked while I'm vulnerable.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

What do you do if you get a cold nose? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Natural gas furnace but have a wood stove in the basement which really makes the house cozy and keeps the heat bill within reason.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

we use oil and also have a pellet stove which kicks off some good heat..

Old 11-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: LEP7MM

What do you do if you get a cold nose? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I wear a helmet on those occasions.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2004, 11:02 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

We just bought a new house, we now have a heat pump. Last year we was renting a 6 bed room farm house. It set on 250 acres. It would cost $800.00 a month to heat it with fuel oil, and the electric bill was $200.00 a month. That place would make you poor quick!

Old 11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Electric is the only way to go anymore guys........we have been running propane and wood for a long time.....and guys around here are heating their houses(same size) for about 1/3 of the cost.......you have to buy a new furnace or heat pump(don't know all of the particulars yet) but I guess that stuff pays for itself in about 1/2 a winter......I know we are going to change over this winter to electric.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Running natural gas in a 1300sq ft house. With the addition of a pot belly wood stove coming soon. May bill has never been over 300 a month for gas,electric,water,and all the other utilites, but I know the gas is never going to come back down, so I'am getting some wood heat. I dont think there is anything better than good old fashion wood fires.

Quick Reply: Heating the house....