'Get Back' Video

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ''Get Back'' Video

btw, i think the video was very stupid and what was up with all the fat chicks. not cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. his arms were all screwd 2. that was pretty lame. i dont get it why ppl get soo mad when our sport is "in threat" cuz our quads arent going to get taken away cuz of a stupid rap video. yeah it all adds up. but its not like evryone is riding around on the street during the night with no helmets on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]. it was a major misrepresntation. i dont know of anyone that thinks that ATV riders are destructive and all that. they cant take them away. it would take a lot of law breakers to do that. just ride smart and of the streets. its not worth it. take a look at skatboarding and how skateboarders are viewed. atv riders are nothing compared to that... thats what i think. doesnt mean everyone should go out and ride on the street with no helmets and fat chicks on the back of their raptor cuz they cant stop our sport. they CAN take your quad tho. watch out

Old 12-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Eh I would say the DMX ruff riders anthem video with them ripping banshees would probably one of my favorite videos with ATVs in it

Old 12-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: strongtyer
btw, i think the video was very stupid and what was up with all the fat chicks. not cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. his arms were all screwd 2. that was pretty lame. i dont get it why ppl get soo mad when our sport is "in threat" cuz our quads arent going to get taken away cuz of a stupid rap video. yeah it all adds up. but its not like evryone is riding around on the street during the night with no helmets on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]. it was a major misrepresntation. i dont know of anyone that thinks that ATV riders are destructive and all that. they cant take them away. it would take a lot of law breakers to do that. just ride smart and of the streets. its not worth it. take a look at skatboarding and how skateboarders are viewed. atv riders are nothing compared to that... thats what i think. doesnt mean everyone should go out and ride on the street with no helmets and fat chicks on the back of their raptor cuz they cant stop our sport. they CAN take your quad tho. watch out

Your right they can't take your atv away. but more and more tracks and trails are closing thier gates to atv's everyday mostly due to improper use of atv's and lack of safety. 2 of our local tracks just recently quit allowing atv's due to insurance costs and safety measures, at this point all we have left is a few acres of public land and 8-10 acres of canyon that i'm sure will be shut down in a few months when its gets flooded with atv's and dirtbikes and someone gets hurt in a collision because there are too many people trying to ride in the same spot at the same time, Our only other choice is to drive 100's of miles to the next few area's that still allow atv's.

Don't get me wrong its cool to see atv's on tv and all but only if the riders are properly equipped with a helmet and off public roads. not that that one video is going to do much harm other than give people the wrong impression because people see that video they are going to think its cool to ride without a helmet and cruise thier atv down main street sporting a fresh new fat chick also not wearing a helmet, then when they get hurt like ozzy did it will just be more fuel for the media's fire ! Maybe some of us do get too worked up when we see people on atv's not wearing helmets on public roads. We have our reasons.

Old 12-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

i agree. a local track is closing here too. i live in NW Arkansas. i have never seen the track but i have heard that it is closing. dont really know y. i have heard there has been some accidents tho. but the thing is, accidents are going to happen whether you are at the local track or just cruising around at home!!! you never hear about those ones on tv or whatever. at least not that often. there are accidents on the road every day! i know there is no way that they are going to shut down the roads and make us walk. cars are more necisary than atv's obviously. tracks closing isnt a big problem for me cuz i have a 20 acres and my grandparents, who live 15 minutes away, own 200. thats awesome. but i do feel for all you guys who cant own land and have to go to the local track. that sux. i know what its like to want to go ride but you cant do it real easily and for cheap. i used to live in CA and you would be very very lucky to own 5 acres where i lived. that was b4 i had a quad btw.

Old 12-17-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CTATV
Eh I would say the DMX ruff riders anthem video with them ripping banshees would probably one of my favorite videos with ATVs in it

I agree. I'm not a big fan of that video or the song, but it's still cool to see. Besides, if anyone gets hurt because they saw that video, they'll blame it on Luda anyway. Also, most videos(not just rap) show a misrepresentation of alot of different things. People need to learn to relax, everything is taken so literal these days it's amazing we aren't all locked up for saying something like "I'm gonna kill you". I don't know, this is one topic that can go back and forth forever though.

Old 12-17-2004, 03:31 PM

Just what we need..........a nasty, discusting rat spewing out vile, counter-culture, hate filled trash..........while riding one of those "EVIL" ATVs.

"Mildred.........They should outlaw those horrid things!!!"

Old 12-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Backinthesaddleagain
Just what we need..........a nasty, discusting rat spewing out vile, counter-culture, hate filled trash..........while riding one of those "EVIL" ATVs.

"Mildred.........They should outlaw those horrid things!!!"
LOL, are you quoting Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury? LOL!!! dont get too pissy about all this tho. i agree but you cant make anyone ride perfect. All you can do is ride safe and correctly yourself and encourage others to do the same. rappers dont really have a good reputation for being law abiding citizens anyway so i think everyone knows that atv riders arent all like that. we arent all gangsters that go out on the street at night and ride, LOL!!! that would be fun tho. But on the otherhand you could argue that the other way and say that since rappers have a bad reputation and they are riding atv's improperly in music videos on the street, without helmets, with fat chicks on the back without helmets, then they are not giving the sport a good name. That video is not going to be seen by everyone in the world either... o well, i hate this subject. i wish no one had to worry about it!

Old 12-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Who cares anymore. Let's all just ride and enjoy the machines while we can.

Old 12-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Backinthesaddleagain
Just what we need..........a nasty, discusting rat spewing out vile, counter-culture, hate filled trash..........q]

What's that supposed to mean...?

Old 12-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

At least it could have been hot chicks, then i would say the video is cool.

Quick Reply: 'Get Back' Video