New Mustang, YUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mustang, YUCK!

Wow, I just saw the new generation of Mustang and my god, what was Ford thinking? That has got to be the most retchid looking Mustang I've seen(next to the old Mustang2, that is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) The thing just looks too futuristic to be a "muscle car". Anyway, I'm done venting now, I just get frustrated when I see a company destroy something that was once a beatiful thing. Now I truely dislike Fords' Cars, but the Powerstroke diesels are still sick!!!!

Old 01-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG!!!!! Thank you pendejo! I am so glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks the new Mustang is ugly. If companies want to bring back the old cars then that is what they need to do, not try to copy them in new style.

Old 01-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pendejo
Now I truely dislike Fords' Cars, but the Powerstroke diesels are still sick!!!!

those new powersucks have soooo many injector issues right now i would wait a year or two so they can get their bugs worked out. they look cool though, and when they are in good working order they kick the shat out of me and my duramax... less im in 4hi or not stock....

Old 01-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, I heard that, but seeing one stomp on all these ricers around here, and even some respectable cars, while being nearly stock is very impressive!

Old 01-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure it does perform well, and I too am a firm believer in "form over function" but in my mind, one of the things that made the Mustang a Mustang was the way it looked. They've mixed and matched new and old and now it looks horrible. Oh well, not like I can afford one anyway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

I actually like the new look, not totally in love with it but in white with Shelby type blue stripes they look killer. Drove a GT also, they have very good power and handle well.

But, it's drive-by-wire which I don't like, and the VVT engine is pretty much hands-off too. I'll stick with my old Cobra, I can wrench on it all I want and build that pushrod engine with my eyes closed.

Old 01-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Probably a dumb question, but what does "drive-by-wire" mean?

Old 01-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal

But, it's drive-by-wire which I don't like, and the VVT engine is pretty much hands-off too. I'll stick with my old Cobra, I can wrench on it all I want and build that pushrod engine with my eyes closed.
What do you mean by VVT?

That new GT is turning more HP stock than your cobra could with headers, cold air, and a couple other bolt on parts.

You all are crazy. The exterior of the '05 stang is sweet. The interior leaves a lot to be desired. I just wish they would have brought the center front of the hood more to a point like the Glassback concept and the late 60's mustangs were.

I just bought an '01 Bullitt this week. I got a heck of a deal on it. I do wish it was the new chassis instead of the old Fox chassis that is 25 years old like Bubba said. I have already started tweaking the 4.6 and I don't think they are near as greek as people think.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Drive-by-wire means there is no mechanical link between your gas pedal and the throttle body. It's done through a sensor and an actuator being told what the pedal position is doing. There are some aspects of this that can be undesireable, where the car is making decisions for you, i.e. "correcting" your pedal input.

The v-v-t is variable valve timing in the engine. It work wonderfully, but creates more of a hands-off unit. The 4.6 2 valvers like in the Bullitt are doing well and responding to new cams, heads, etc that are being developed. You can really make one of those things snort and are starting out with an inexpensive package, heck pick up a 00 GT for like 10 and start modding.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

For once I actually like the styling of a new Ford (the Mustang), they are much better than anything else Ford has designed in the past 15 years. And for comparison, the new looks in the GM barn are enough to gag a maggot, this coming from a die-hard Chevy fan.

Quick Reply: New Mustang, YUCK!