What is the fastest streetbike out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005 | 02:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default What is the fastest streetbike out?

Im saying gixxer 13, that is an insane bike, suzuki owns when it comes to streetbikes, nothing is like a gixxer (gsxr for those who don't know).

Old 03-26-2005 | 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

The busa is the fastest top speed & 1/4 mile. The new liter bikes cant keep the front tire on the ground out of the hole. From a fast role a Kaw 1000 runs dead even till about 150 then the busa pulls it.

Old 03-28-2005 | 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

I love my GSX1300r but I think the fastest street leagal bike is a Honda Black Bird 1100xx. It's no where near stock but still holds the record. Like everyone has said as far as stock or even slightly modded a Busa is king.

Old 03-29-2005 | 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

busa is the fastest top end one of the quickest bike ive ever seen is the new kawasaki zx10r does 0 to 100 and back to 0 in a little less than 10 seconds and will do 103mph in 1st gear

Old 03-30-2005 | 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Where did you find a test showing that speed for the ZX10? I haven't seen were it's performance was that high, not even at the tracks. 103 mph in first gear sounds a little high unless they have done some gear changes form the stock ratio. Stock my 1300r would red line at just a little over 70 mph in first (about 71 or 72 mph) and the ZX12's I rode were just barely under 70mph in first. The ZX10 will kick the busa's butt in some tight turns but it doesn't have the power to take it on straights.

Old 03-30-2005 | 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
Where did you find a test showing that speed for the ZX10? I haven't seen were it's performance was that high, not even at the tracks. 103 mph in first gear sounds a little high unless they have done some gear changes form the stock ratio. Stock my 1300r would red line at just a little over 70 mph in first (about 71 or 72 mph) and the ZX12's I rode were just barely under 70mph in first. The ZX10 will kick the busa's butt in some tight turns but it doesn't have the power to take it on straights.
"It will do over 100mph in first gear"

Of course remember this is a magazine article.

Old 03-30-2005 | 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't seen any specs on the ZX10r yet but have heard of some people having problems with the swing arm. Someone at the track a couple of months ago crashed because his swing arm, never heard what exactly happened.The article talks about how small the bike is and I'll admit it's smaller than any other 1000 or up but it looked about the same size as a 600 to me. What I saw on the raod track was the ZX10 kicking some but! The only one that has been showing up at the drag strip has been getting his but kicked. I can't knock the bike since I haven't rode one but the statment about it putting more hp to the ground than even the busa isn't true. Even the ZX12 and the new Honda 1000rr puts more to the ground, putting more to the ground doesn't always mean the fastest through the turns though.

Old 03-30-2005 | 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

I can't argue anything about it. I just thought you were asking for an article that says it will run 100 in 1st.

I have a good friend that has one and he said he could hit 100 in 1st. I have not personally witnessed this but he is not known for lying, I would take his word on anything.

All good bikes and I want a rocket so bad. I settled for a Warrior though.

Old 03-30-2005 | 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

I seem to be in the right place to ask this question. Anyone know where to get ethier a akrapovic racing line 4-2-1 or Yoshimura race system for a 04 Suzuki GSX-R750 K4 on the web?

Old 03-31-2005 | 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

I was sure either way about it running that fast in first gear just sounded a little high but the bike is extremly light. I haven't rode one but the ones I've raced against at the drag strip didn't take off that fast but after the 60ft mark they started pulling hard but it was to late by then because my GSX had started pulling by then. I can still take them at the drag strip but they will smoke my butt on a road course.

I'm not sure about the best place to get your exhaust. I buy most of mine through a friend in Dallas but he doesn't sell to the public. You might try Dennis Kirk but everything I've priced through them has been on the high side. You can find some pretty good deals on ebay sometimes. If theres a race track close to you go hang around there and talk to some of the race teams. A lot of times they have some spare parts they don't want and will sell cheap, be sure and check the part out good to make sure it's not worn out though.

Quick Reply: What is the fastest streetbike out?