New Dirt Wheels Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-1999, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my new Dirt Wheels today. I was dissapointed to see ANOTHER first test of the 400ex. As if they didn't already do enough testing, they have another stock one on the cover. I can't blame them though, they are selling a lot of issues because of it.

I thought it was funny when they mentioned their Honda Rumors, saying how there might be up to 5 new Honda's, information next issue, and then go to say what they think it might be. Turn the page and you see a full page Honda ad with pictures of the new Racher(s). If Dirt Wheels still can't see the new Honda quads, even after it has been on the INternet, talked about by dealers, AND ADVERTISED IN THEIR OWN MAGAZINE, they need to find new 'sources' for their secret information.

I must admit, the Grizzly to Grizzly/Mule conversion was really cool. An excellent article, and it looks like an awesome mudder with the 27" Vampires, and all that wieght. Install a locker, and look out!

Old 09-21-1999, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, quad man you are right on. I didn't think that they would be stupid or silly enough to test yet ANOTHER 400ex!! I thought they had run it into the ground already but I guess not! I guess they think that people will forget about the last test it was in in their last 17 years of Dirt Wheels. I am a huge Polaris fan but even I was kinda bored by the Sportsman interview. They have done a few tests on it and it hasn't really changed that much since their last ones. Oh well, I still enjoy reading every issue front to back. Keep it wheels down:-)

Mudman '96 Xplorer 300 4x4 Vamped (for sale)
Soon to be rompin' on a Magnum 500

Old 09-21-1999, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, I agree about the Sportsman too. Usually I am interested in just about any ATV review, but the only one that took my interest was the Grizzly Mini Truck. The Sportsman review seemed more like an extended spec sheet in paragraph form, nothing near as good (written or photos) as the ATV Connection's recent review.

Old 09-22-1999, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

which issue is this. October or November

Old 09-22-1999, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer

What did they all do to this grizzly to make a a Grizzly mini truck? Just curios about it. I haven't had a chance to see the new dirtwheels yet. Did they put a box on the back of the grizzly and extend the swingarm?

Mud600

Old 09-22-1999, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

whats the addy of the ads on the internet about the new hondas? what page in DW is it on?

------------
Chris Majka
99 LRD Blaster #55

Old 09-22-1999, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

He took a Grizzly and chopped the frame in the middle and added enough extra frame to make it into a Mule type machine. It has a bench seat, steering wheel & pedals, and a large Mule type bed. It's stock width though so that it can still go where the quads go. It uses the stock front fenders & rack, and in the back it uses a modified version of the stock fenders.

Looked like an awesome machine!

Old 09-23-1999, 01:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Remember that although it might be an "October 99" issue of the magazine, it was actually written June or July.

RoostKing...

Old 09-24-1999, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

Maybe I am not tired of reading about these 400ex shootouts because I own one. But think about this. How many times has the Banshee been on the cover or in shootouts?

Old 09-24-1999, 03:51 AM
Trailblazer

Stone cold, the shoot outs are cool its just when they keep on doing test articals on the same stock machine over and over....Herbert

http://community.webtv.net/murdo77/QuadzillaZone

------------------
Herbert~~99Wolverine & 89LT520

Quick Reply: New Dirt Wheels Issue