What does it mean?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does it mean?

What does the VALVES do? Does having more valves better? What is the downside of it. The YFZ450 has 5 valves and I have been looking around and I haven't found any other ATV with 5 valves.

Old 11-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

The 01-05 Raptor has five. I think you may want to look into a ATV mechanics course at some time as you have an awful lot of questions for a guy with no quad yet. It may answer all of your questions!

Old 11-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

If you want some answers like that go to the Quad manufactures website select a quad and read the specifications. It will tell you all the tech stuff. Except experience!

Old 11-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

You know what, I do own a quad. Now stop bringing that up. If your not going to answer my question, please, please don't come in here and make fun of me. I'm getting sick and tired of this "You don't own a quad" thing. Please just stop.

Old 11-05-2005, 03:32 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I am not knocking on you here but you have changed your signature.

I don't recall for sure what you had there, something like don't own a quad but anyways that is why some members bring up the you own/have a quad issue.

Old 11-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
You know what, I do own a quad. Now stop bringing that up. If your not going to answer my question, please, please don't come in here and make fun of me. I'm getting sick and tired of this "You don't own a quad" thing. Please just stop.
My question is not drivin to make fun of you. I think others are doing that. I gave you solid advice. If you are getting continually teased and don't like it stop setting yourself up by asking questions to a forum for quad owners, that know it's worthless to answer pointless questions for a person claiming in their signature they own NO quad! See my point!

Old 11-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

I don't care if you have a quad or not, I just want to know why you ask so many questions??? Look it up online. Not that I don't enjoy reading your posts or seeing people make fun of them and what not.... I'm just kidding there Veto. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Like Brad said, I just want to learn as much as I can from other people that knows lots about fourwheelers. I KNOW all you guys have experience.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Are more valves better? Is that an advantage that the YFZ450 has over the LTR 450 or is it another downer?

Old 11-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Does having more valves better? What is the downside of it.
That depends on what you are doing. Better? As in more power? Yes. As in cost? No.
The more valves you put in an engine the more air you can pack into the cylinder. The more valves you put in an engine the more RPM you can twist. More air, more RPM = more power. The more air you can move through an engine the more power you will make.
So if you are after more power, then yes, more valves are a good thing.
If you are making this thing, more valves are bad. Cost more to assemble, more cost in parts, ect, ect. If you ever grind valves on a multi valve engine, it takes time, lots of time.