CamoClad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-1999, 12:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a quad I use primarily for hunting and I want to camouflage it. I was curious if anyone had tried the product called CamoClad which is made by 3M.

Old 11-17-1999, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

Is this 2" wide cammo tape? If it is, I think there is a label warning that the tape may leave a sticky residue if peeled.

If it isn't tape, I'd like to know more about this product.

Old 11-18-1999, 05:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

I talked to a sales rep today and he said that the Camoclad kits for atv's come in 4x5 ft. sheets with detailed instructions on how and where to make the notches for a perfect fit. The kits come in two applications, one that is permanent and one that is removable ( that is with a heat gun ). According to him if you buy the permanent kit , you should use extreme caution when installing cause once it sticks it is very hard to move around.
They also have kits to cover pick-ups and SUV. Their URL is www.camoclad.com .

Old 11-18-1999, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Weasel,

I strongly recommend ATV fender covers made by Moose. They are made of heavy Cordura material that is dyed with the woodland camo pattern and sewn to form a custom fit for a specific model. It can easily removed with screwhead snaps that actually replace the screws that hold the fenders. I bought one for my Bayou when it was new and it has really done a great job in protecting the plastic.

Similiar covers are available from the dealers in the Realtree pattern. However like always, expect to pay them more.

I bought the cover for my Bayou from the ATV Accessory Warehouse. I am even considering buying one for my Honda as well. Let me know if you have trouble locating them on the Web.

Believe me, you won't be disappointed.