Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitbulls ain't got nothin' on my Bullmastiff

Man, my dog is only big enough to bite your boot.... lol

Old 08-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Wait a minute there, Turtis, I thought there was only one TRUE Hicktown in America.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 4FITTY
I dont want to sound like a diick but this thread is stupid! my dog can kick your dogs azz CRAP. Just enjoy your animals and try to keep them pasive, and this will keep the # of lawsuits and wasted tax payers money down to a minimum
i do agree...i posted simply to hopefully keep the original poster from being a little too over confident. i have seen people let their big bad dog go into a pit only to get freaked out when that little pit starts doing damage. i can see this guy loves his dog, and rightfully so. i just wanted him to know that his statement was off, because if he really thought that then he might one day run across one of those REAL pits and he would honestly not like what he saw. it really was just me trying to be a voice of reason. i'm sorry if i have offended anyone and if you need to mr. moderator go ahead and shut it down now...i am truly sorry...i thought i was shedding some light to a subject that was in the dark, i do truly apologize.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

im sorry I didnt mean to offend (spelling) anybody. I just hate to see any type of dog get a bad rep from fighting or biting. I was bitten realy bad when I was young I got almost 200 stiches in the face from a bite and it was our dog a britney spaniel typicaly very mellow dogs. But the dog was second hand to us and the former owner most have treated him bad.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:17 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not shuttin' it down as it's fine the way it is. I just don't wanna see it go in the wrong direction. No worries[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer

a girl i grew up with little sister was bit by their cocker spaniel in the face. she had over 100 stitches and had eye damage as well. it sucks whenever ANY is bit by an animal....

Old 08-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have seen people let their big bad dog go into a pit only to get freaked out when that little pit starts doing damage. i can see this guy loves his dog, and rightfully so. i just wanted him to know that his statement was off, because if he really thought that then he might one day run across one of those REAL pits and he would honestly not like what he saw. it really was just me trying to be a voice of reason. i'm sorry if i have offended anyone and if you need to mr. moderator go ahead and shut it down now...i am truly sorry...i thought i was shedding some light to a subject that was in the dark, i do truly apologize.
Well this was not a staged fight, so I don' think he will be sending his dog into any "pit" for a brawl.

Dog fighting is moronic.......

I have a 120-pound Alaskan Malamute and I would not want him fighting anything, my dog is not aggressive at all. But our neighbors had a pitbull and a rottie that used to get loose all the time. The Rottie and my dog got along great but on two occasions the pitbull attacked my dog and paid for it pretty good. The pitbull got hit by a truck a few weeks later chasing the neighbors cat and died.......

I also saw a police dog (G.Shepard) destroy a pitbull once and it was not pretty.

I agree his statement might have slightly leaned towards a blanket statement as you say, but I've often seen pitbull owners assume their dogs are indestructable for some reason. Any dog bred to fight in a pit is going to be aggressive and dangerous, canines are strong animals.

Of course if you really want a tough pet you could always get a mountain lion or cougar........any big cat will do the trick and give you the right to **** farther than the next person.............

Old 08-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

again i will say that over ten years of dealing with pitbulls(i was not a fighter) i have seen very few dogs that could match a well bred pitbull. again the amount of damage to the dog isn't the tell tale sign of winning or losing, whether the dog wants to keep going is the tell tale sign of winning or losing. i will say that more than likely the pitbulls that you saw weren't well bred pits, they were pits that were bred...HUGE difference. it's like taking a lab that has parents who were both GREAT hunters and that dog has a long line of hunters behind them and a lab that was just bred by joe schmo. there are a lot more of the joe schmo labs than the well bred labs. someone goes out and sees one of the many joe schmo labs and believes that there collie can hunt as well as a lab. well that isn't quite true even if they have see it several times, because the well bred lab is a much smaller population than the backyard bred lab.

we also have to distinguish the difference between animal aggressiveness and all out aggression. it is true that most dogs that are bred to fight will be aggressive, but they are generally aggressive towards other animals. i've been to world renowned pitbull breeders and their biggest concern is that people can steal their dogs because they are too damn friendly. they think everyone wants to play. a true pitbull breeder kills dogs that are human aggressive, they can't do anything with them. if were to read any pitbull book(richard stratton has a great series of them) you will understand more of what is looked at when people were breeding dogs for fighting. i don't condone fighting dogs at all. they cause a lot more damage than good. personally i never had/have a problem with any of my dogs being animal agressive. if they were human agressive their dead, plain and simple. hell i put one dog to sleep that cost me dang near 500 dollars because he ACTED funny with my son. he never really growled AT him but i just didn't like his interaction with my son, so he's no longer breathing.

i felt that if i gave him or sold him to someone else and something happened it would be fault. it really wouldn't have been but i wouldn't have been able to sleep at night knowing that i let a dog that COULD possibly do some serious damage to a human leave my house.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
I'm gonna let you all know right now that if this gets off topic and turns into bashing or a pissing match I'll shut it down real quick.

1BAD was only stating an experience he had with his dog, same as the rest of us. I'm sure he didn't mean his dog could beat up every pit out there. Maybe the title insinuates that but I'm sure that's not what he meant by it.
Thank you. Maybe I should have worded the title differently, but I can't stand it when people get on here and post just to start a fight. NIGHTOWL, the Pit did turn and stand guard against my Bullmastiff. Diesel just simply overpowered him. The Pit was probably in the 90 pound range, but it's hard to stop a 135 pound Bullmastiff protecting his family. I WOULD NEVER FIGHT MY DOG, I know you didn't say that I would, but I just want to make that clear. I made this thread because Diesel is still a puppy (he's only 1 year and 2 months old) and I was proud to see that his instinct to protect his family is in full force. His father weighed 165 pounds and his mother was 135, so I know that when he is full grown in about 10 months he will be one he!! of a family protector.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

The coment was made that in a "ring" a Pit would probably prevail, well that is of no concern to me because I would never engage my dog in a fight...he is like a member of the family. But before we bought Diesel we did a lot of research on Bullmastiffs. MANY of the books and articles we read stated that Bullmastiffs are the most ferocious guard dogs when it comes to protecting their family. They have a very strong devotion to the people in their "pack." So maybe Diesel dominated this particular Pit because his motive was protecting our female Golden Retriever.......and you know what, I love him for his loyalty to my family. Once again, sorry if my title offends anyone.

Quick Reply: Pitbulls ain't got nothin' on my Bullmastiff