GO BUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GO BUCKS!

Welcome to the club Troy. You deserve it after beating that team up north three years in a row. One more win and this will be the greatest year in Buckeye history without a doubt.

Go Bucks!

Old 01-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default GO BUCKS!

I root for the Maize and Blue twice a year... against Notre Dame and in the Bowl. They never seem to be able to win both.

Go Bucks!...Beat Florida

Old 01-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default GO BUCKS!

Before I go on my rant... Props to the Gators, they came ready to play and showed that they deserved to play in that game and they outplayed us in every way.
That being said Ohio State could not possibly have had a worse game.
1) Ginn gets injured after proving he has that "difference maker" speed and doesn't return,
2) the offensive line played absolutly HORRIBLE, Troy looked bad becasue he had no time to do anything when 3 Florida defenders were on him
3) Why didn't we try to run the ball (Pittman had 67 yards and a TD but only 10 carries?)
4) Tressel, I love you but 4 and 1 from your own 30 is not the right time to go for it, especially in this game
5) The defense looked bad, but they had to play the entire game on their heels because of bad field position
6) The penalties in this game were an embarrassment to the Buckeyes personal fouls and holding shows that they weren't diciplined,
7) The two things we had to avoid to win were turnovers and penalties, and we had plenty of both

That kickoff return should have sparked a rout, instead Florida responded and made us look stupid.

I am now on the playoff bandwagon. 50 days off is just too much, we could have carried the high of the Michigan win into a playoff game instead we sat around for 50 days and waited for the Gators to embarrass us.

Still a great year Big 10 champs, a Heisman, and most importantly we beat Michigan... Just too bad the last memory of this season and of Troy Smith is that slopfest of a game.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default GO BUCKS!

Sound off Buckeye fans... What do you think?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default GO BUCKS!

Glad to see an Ohio Fan with some dignity. Florida was the better team. You were right they showed up and outplayed your team. Ohio State has no reason to hang there heads. They had a great season.

I agree no team should have to set for 50+ days. But Florida had a 44day layoff aswell. One week doesnt make that big of a difference not after that length of time off. The only way to prevent that from happening is to have a full playoff system say 32 team tournament. But the Conference heads arent going to allow that to happen anytime soon because it would take away there precious bowl system. The best we could hope for is that they add a plus one system. Where you pit #1 vs. #4 and #2 vs. #3 and the winners play for the championship. That way you dont have to throw out the bowls. I would also like them to move the bowl week up a week so that these teams dont have as many days off as they currently do.

But Tv ratings drive college football. Look at Notre Dame, for many years they get voted high on the bcs polls and end up falling off because there all hype. LSU proved that point yet again by drumming them 41-14. The system we have in place to vote for who is the best, is at best a flawed system. No one voter can watch every team play ever week. So how can you accurately say that one team is better than another that you have never seen play.

Im a college football fan who is completly dissapointed at the whole thing. We will never have a true champion until a playoff system is put into place.

P.S. GEAUX TIGERS

Old 01-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default GO BUCKS!

Good call... playoffs are the only real hope but there just isn't an easy way for the system to work. I love the Buckeyes and college football. It is the only sport where EVERY game really means a lot.

By the way I would like to thank your Bayou Bengals for puttin such a whoopin on the almights Irish, its always great to seam them brought back down a notch.