Atv Tattoo...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006 | 11:56 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Atv Tattoo...

Hey I race quads.. and I really want a tattoo that has something to do with motocross.. my friend has one that says "Freewill Free Ride Freestyle" I really want a goot quote or symbol so I will always be reminded of mx and freestyle.. any ideas?

Old 10-26-2006 | 02:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default Atv Tattoo...

My first suggestion would be to go talk to a number of people that have tats and see what they think about it. Especially the ones that have had them for 20+ years.

Old 10-26-2006 | 11:05 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Default Atv Tattoo...

Originally posted by: tencubed
My first suggestion would be to go talk to a number of people that have tats and see what they think about it. Especially the ones that have had them for 20+ years.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2006 | 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Atv Tattoo...

Originally posted by: tencubed
This is very good advice.

Old 10-26-2006 | 11:58 AM
TIC
Pro Rider
Default Atv Tattoo...

Im one of those that have had tats for 18 years.
Everyone of mine I can look at and do look at and know exactly what it stands for.
1 is for my father.
2 is for my brother.
3 is for my wife.

Be sure they are for the heart and soul, and not some spur of the moment "look at me im cool" idea.
There is nothing worse than seeing that.

All of mine are what I call buisness line. A short sleeve shirt will cover them. I was even smart enough at 18 and in the navy to boot.... To know that some day I may have to be hired for a job and first impression can be a killer with tattoos up and down your arms. This is only my opinion and mine alone. This is how I looked at tattoos.

Now for ideas, whats you number? how about a race helment with flames and such? there are many race logos.
how about a quad getting some air off of a jump?

Old 10-26-2006 | 01:21 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Atv Tattoo...

oh yea im not getting anything major or stupid.. but motocross will always be apart of my life and its something I never want to forget

Old 10-26-2006 | 03:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default Atv Tattoo...

Originally posted by: TIC
Im one of those that have had tats for 18 years.
Everyone of mine I can look at and do look at and know exactly what it stands for.
1 is for my father.
2 is for my brother.
3 is for my wife.

Be sure they are for the heart and soul, and not some spur of the moment "look at me im cool" idea.
There is nothing worse than seeing that.

All of mine are what I call buisness line. A short sleeve shirt will cover them. I was even smart enough at 18 and in the navy to boot.... To know that some day I may have to be hired for a job and first impression can be a killer with tattoos up and down your arms. This is only my opinion and mine alone. This is how I looked at tattoos.

Now for ideas, whats you number? how about a race helment with flames and such? there are many race logos.
how about a quad getting some air off of a jump?
Exactly the point I was hoping to get across. Know lots of folks with tats they are glad they have, know lots more that would like to have them removed.

Old 10-28-2006 | 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Atv Tattoo...

if you want a tatto get one, who cares about 20 years from now, ive got 5, my wife has 5, there all in places that they can be covered if chose too, ours all have some meaning to us, do you really think i will care what they look like in 20 years, oh wait i got 2 of them 18 years ago still love them, my word get them where they can be covered if you choose too, employers might not like them it could keep you from getting a different job, but thats hoe they are, make sure you go to a good artist, with a good rep, and they are sterile there are alot of hack tatto artist out there.

if you get one post a pic, it should be cool.

hoyt

Old 10-30-2006 | 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Atv Tattoo...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2006 | 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Atv Tattoo...

Im a little late on this post but oh well. I have not had tattoos for 20 some years because im only 23, but I know I will not regret getting any of them. To me all my tattoos represent a time in my life. Even if the tattoo stretches out and looks bad later in life, I will still be able to look at it and remember that time of my life. I dont regret it at all and never will. Tattoos are not for everybody, but some of us love them. They are kinda like modding an atv, once you start, you cant stop. (they are just about as expensive too LOL)

I think it would be cool as heck to start a post that would just be a tattoo post, pics of everybodys if they want to share...