ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Other ATV Topics (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/)
-   -   ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/258759-orv-atv-safety-class.html)

dafuzz89 01-31-2007 05:04 PM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

My wife and daughter want to attend an atv/orv safety class, we live in Howell, Mi. Can anyone help with information?

sandmouse 01-31-2007 07:52 PM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

check with any local dealer. they can direct you in the right direction.

rodeo999 01-31-2007 08:29 PM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

If you have a new or recently purchased brand name quad you might even get $100.00 for attending the ATV safety training offered by ASI check out this website http://www.svia.org

wibornz 03-26-2007 05:18 AM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

Good luck finding one in Michigan. Our Govenor guted the program and put many of us who taught the classes out of business.

dafuzz89 03-26-2007 12:22 PM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

well how the hell is my 13 yo to get certified to ride in Michigan which requires her to attend one?

wibornz 04-01-2007 05:29 PM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

All I can say is good luck. I used to train about 120 kids a month.....Now I do none.

LEP7MM 04-02-2007 09:05 PM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

wibornz,

was your position as an ATV Instructor a volunteer position as they are here in MN, or could you actually collect an extra fee for your time spent conducting the courses?

MUDDY4LIFE 04-02-2007 10:15 PM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

I have classes available all the time and my classes FAR EXCEED what the DNR and their cop buddies instruct. Im not very far from you either. Im in the Flint-Grand Blanc area. The above poster is correct, the DNR has absolutley screwed up the whole safety program.Be SURE you get a competent instructor [not many of us left now] to train your kids.

Call my office at 810-249-0398 for more information.

Bill

wibornz 04-09-2007 01:02 PM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

I was paid, but that is not the point. It was a second income to my family. With no pay, I am off to doing something else. Still need to feed my kids. The Michigan.....DNR have the off roading in Michigan messed up. The trails are in poor shape, dificult to access, and go almost no where. It is to bad that Michgan caters to snowmobiles that are used about 3 months out of the year, and ignore atvs that are used 12 months out of the year.

O well for Michigan, but just returned from Harlen, Ky. My group of riders, 12 of us, spent over three thousand dollars off roading in Harlen, we could have sent that money in Michigan, but until the Michigan's DNR attitude changes the surroundings states will reap the rewards from Michigan atvs going else were. 10 hours to the decent riding in the UP or 10 hours driving south. Michigan is losing every week by not fixing their off road programs. It is a shame that there are over 3100 miles of trails in Michigan, but Michigan is not atv off road riding destination. You have to search forums to find anyone talking positive about our trails. I shake my head in shame for Michigan. I have attended public meetings, DNR meetings, met with legilators...none care that millions of dollars are leaving our state.

Sorry for the rage, but Michigan has such potential, and it is just waisted by our officals that have no vision of what Michigan could be....An
ATV vacation dream spot. Instead, we have confussing laws, overveous enforcement, dangerous trails, poorly maintained trails, and a hassle to plan and ride in Michigan.

wibornz 04-09-2007 01:07 PM

ORV/ATV SAFETY CLASS?

Ooooo just about forgot to say give Bill a call. He has done a good job of training and I have crossed paths with many that have taken his training. I have met Bill at an DNR meeting in the past, and even though I have not seen or spoke with Bill in a couple years, I am sure that he is still providing a great service to the ATV community in Michigan. Keep up the good fight Bill.