Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow plow pics All brand Quads

Name:  IMG_6220_edited.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  159.0 KB
I am trying my hand at this linking photos to forum stuff. hope this works. I am interested in seeing photos of Quads with plows. the polaris guy's have a nice thread started but i gots a grizz & i feel left out. So lets see what you got. Mine's an 06 660 with warmers, Yamaha fairing (color does't match but saved a bundle on Ebay) cycle country 52" state plow w/manual lift (Moose E-Z lift should be here tomorow) bumper, brush guard, reciever hitch. peace out

Old 01-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Name:  IMG_7093.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  95.2 KB

Cool it worked. here's another of the fairing & my custom made rack plate.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Name:  IMG_6234.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  172.6 KB

Here's another Ebay purchase i just love. Prolocker tire clamp thingy.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

the barn thats well, .......falling apart in the background makes me think the wheel lock was a good security purchase lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

but it looks like it is adjustable for diffirent sized tires. is there anything stopping somebody with a wrench from just takeing that front adjuster plate off and rideing away with your mechine????

Old 01-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

You can paddlock the PROLOCKER to the tire right behind the black **** that locks & unlocks the locker from the tire. With that said, would be hard to roll it away. Bolt cutters would take care of most paddlocks though. If thieves are that determined it's pretty hard to stop them. That Barn was leaning to the north for 30 years while i was growing up slowly leaning farther & farther. Then one day it went the rest of the way all at once. My little brother & uncle were only about 100 feet from it when it went, they said it was quite a cloud of dust that was created from that. I was and still am disapointed that i missed it.. it basicly fell about 8 feet down & to the north it is now as tall as it would be with out the first floor. What a waist i wish dad or grandpa would have had it straitend before it got to bad.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

that is a one in a million chance that someone would be around to see a barn finally colapse, but awsome to see. years ago someonr told me about "borrowing" there brothers dirtbike that was in a wheel lock mechanism like that. pretty big dude ,btw, took a pair of channel locks and just bent the soft steel body of the wheel lock and poped the tire out. a good log chain or cut resistant cable is the way to go 4 me

Old 01-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you really think you need to lock it up, get a security chain instead of a log chain or cable. They cut my 3/8" log chain twice before I got a chain you can't cut with bolt cutters. I bought a 6' ABUS 14mm Maximum Security Chain. I should have gotten an 8' but I thought 6 was long enough. Shipping Weight: 18.50 pounds for a 6' chain = Heavy Duty. My Xena lock is even more heavy duty. The shackle is almost 3/4" in diameter.

Mizzly, the good news about the barn is that people will pay big bucks for barn wood. The trees that grow now don't have tight grain like the old trees and they're softer now. If someone doesn't want the wood the way it is, they can mill it down and build something new out of it. BTW, nice looking quad and plow, but I don't care for the fairing. Hey, 2 out of 3 is pretty good.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Pro Rider

i think im good with my log chain jumbofrank, its thich as my thumb! came off a lumber sight 5+ years ago, not hardware store chain. i did have to take a foot off it last year, took 5mins for a cutoff wheel to work its way threw 1link....you would have to be some kind of superman to use bolt cutters on this stuff. but mostly its extra security at home. but if i ever need something lighter i will look up what u suggested!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL. Now THAT'S a chain. When you said log chain I was thinking about the kind I always see. If you have a decent lock then you're good. It's amazing how easy you can lop off a regular size padlock even if it's a high-quality one. I locked my keys in my locker once and chop, it was gone. And that lock was twice as strong as what most people use.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

my wheeler 54" home made plow.
Name:  DSC00457.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  291.6 KB
Name:  atbplow.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  45.9 KB

Quick Reply: Snow plow pics All brand Quads