Product Review: Moose Racing Ultimate Tire Repair Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM
ATV Reporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Product Review: Moose Racing Ultimate Tire Repair Kit

Hey guys, we got a new review in for you! This is something you may want to consider if you are wrecking those tires of yours!

Originally Posted by ATV Connection
We here at ATV Connection know a thing or two about Murphy’s Law; most ATV riders do in fact. With that kind of reasoning, simply carrying a tire repair kit of any fashion on a ride goes a long way in reducing the risk of a blowout.

However, sometimes even meticulous preparation isn’t quite enough to ward off trouble. When that happens you’ll likely find yourself digging frantically through your tank bag/ backpack, ATV cargo hold and so on. If it’s a flat tire we’re talking about, finding the little black zipper bag marked “Moose Racing” is akin to a massive sigh of relief. And here’s why we say that…
Read the full review by clicking here!

Thoughts? Does $35 sounds reasonable for something like this?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ATV Connection Reporter
Hey guys, we got a new review in for you! This is something you may want to consider if you are wrecking those tires of yours!

Read the full review by clicking here!

Thoughts? Does $35 sounds reasonable for something like this?
i like that the cartridges are more than one use(trigger shutoff style). as for the tube of rubber cement, that's never enough, i get the jar from the school supply aisle at the store. the reamer i have is a T handle, not screwdriver style. liked your review, i'd give it 4 stars out of 5. decent kit. p.s. how much $ are replacement CO2 cartridges and where would one have to get replacements? is the deal all inclusive, or can we get replacements anywhere? thanks.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw replacement CO2 cartridges at a bicycle shop. Not sure if they're the right ones but they look the same to me.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I saw replacement CO2 cartridges at a bicycle shop. Not sure if they're the right ones but they look the same to me.
yeah, that's what i'm talking about. are they available at the store we all love to hate because those stores are everywhere, or can we get them out in the general public, OR, is this an exclusive cartridge via this manufacturer only? . hmmmmmm

Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Hey guys:

Great question! You should be pleased to know that any non-threaded co2 cartridges will work with this system. Not quite as common as the threaded units you see all over for paint ball usage, we ordered a box of six 16g carts off Amazon for $13. And we've spied boxes of 30 for as low as $24 on eBay.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaster94
i like that the cartridges are more than one use(trigger shutoff style). as for the tube of rubber cement, that's never enough, i get the jar from the school supply aisle at the store. the reamer i have is a T handle, not screwdriver style. liked your review, i'd give it 4 stars out of 5. decent kit. p.s. how much $ are replacement CO2 cartridges and where would one have to get replacements? is the deal all inclusive, or can we get replacements anywhere? thanks.
Buy the CO2 cartridges at any store that sells air guns or paintball pistols. Walmart and online paintball sites have the best prices.