02 Scrambler 500 2x4 wiring issue.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 Scrambler 500 2x4 wiring issue.

I just bought an 02 scrambler this past week. I have tried to have it looked over by a mechanic, but the first place I went was booked till Monday 7/27/15 and the other place had the biggest idiot for a mechanic. (If you want the whole story, read my review on Google maps on Magic Motorsports Dixie Highway, Waterford MI. Devin Foxwell) So, I have some questions about the wiring. I noticed the indicator lights (R, N, and temp) don't work, the brake light doesn't get brighter when you hit the brakes, and there is a broken wire coming from the voltage regulator above the radiator. The wire is red and broke right where it connects to a black rubber thing. I was wondering if I could cut off the broken connector and the red wire coming from the black thing and connect the wires with a heat shrink but connector. I think this is the reason why my electrical acting funny. Search Devin Foxwell on google+, there is a post that says "for atv forum". That's the pic of my wiring issue.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:47 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes these black slip connectors wouldn't hold,would either come apart or break. Just cut the wire and use regular bullet type connectors or just solder and use heat shrink tubing.The red is the main power wire to the regulator. With it or any other regulator wire loose it can't charge the battery.Battery will just drain down,cooling fan may not work properly,lights can dim,not enough power for the starter,etc.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Yes these black slip connectors wouldn't hold,would either come apart or break. Just cut the wire and use regular bullet type connectors or just solder and use heat shrink tubing.
Thanks. Do you know if they sell a rebuild kit for the front struts and rear shock. I'm trying to avoid paying somebody, since most charge more than a car mechanic.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

You can find replacement cartridges on ebay plus other places.front strut cartridges for Polaris Scrambler 500 | eBay The rear Fox shock needs to be taken in to a good cycle shop that can change the fluid,replace the seals and charge it back up with nitrogen. We charged around 65-80 bucks depending on parts needed,don't know about other shops or what labor,parts may have gone up to in the 5 years since I left..

Old 07-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer

You can find replacement cartridges on ebay plus other places.front strut cartridges for Polaris Scrambler 500 | eBay The rear Fox shock needs to be taken in to a good cycle shop that can change the fluid,replace the seals and charge it back up with nitrogen. We charged around 65-80 bucks depending on parts needed,don't know about other shops or what labor,parts may have gone up to in the 5 years since I left..
Thanks. I found the strut ccartridge, but one mechanic wanted 125 plus parts for the rear shock. But he was the idiot mechanic, so I'm not going to him.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by DeFox500
but one mechanic wanted 125 plus parts for the rear shock. But he was the idiot mechanic, so I'm not going to him.
Yea I guess there's a few idiots in every group of people. Read about em everyday.Like the one idiot that tried to take a selfie with a rattlesnake..

Old 07-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer

Yea I guess there's a few idiots in every group of people. Read about em everyday.Like the one idiot that tried to take a selfie with a rattlesnake..
Yeah, I meant idiot more or less as in ahole and extremely cocky. I'm good friends with the previous owner, and he recommended a place ten minutes from me. Most of the motorsports places by me don't have good reviews, either they don't know what they are doing or the employees are extremely rude. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the one place, going to call tomorrow.