theft protection...what do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2001, 04:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TEK 9 WITH BANNANA CLIP.. JUST KIDDING. iNSURANCE IS THE WAY TO GO . NORMALLY A NEW QUAD IS AROUND 400.00 A YEAR. THATS ONLY 33.00XX MTH. WELL WORTH IT.

Old 04-13-2001, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

girlatvr
If you can't keep em out of sight, insure them and chain them to something with a high strength chain. Mine is chained to a 80 pound block of cement, buried in the ground. I just drive over the top of it and run the chain thru the frame and lock it with an armory lock.
You should vynle coat the chain to prevent damage to the frame.

Old 04-13-2001, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

We use kryptonite locks to lock them all together in the pole barn. Then I pull my truck in and block them all off. Also, they are insured, through Progressive. However, it only covers replacement value of a 99 400EX and $1000 in mods. Which would probably cover less than half of what I got in it. So I really hope that it never turns up missing.

Adam Smith

99 400EX

Old 04-14-2001, 01:35 AM
Range Rover

Before I finished my garage, I kept mine covered and chained to the house. One day at Home Depot, I came across battery powered motion detectors with a VERY loud built-in alarm. ($25) I purchased one and kept it on my quad under the cover. I just put it in an inconspicuous spot on the quad. A bad guy is gonna take the cover off and when he does, he'll have about eight seconds in which to complete his mission. If he's that good, he can have the quad!
Anyway, just a little extra peace of mind.
Ours are insured with State Farm. $205 a year for both.

Old 04-16-2001, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

INSURANCE is the absolute BEST theft protection one can get. As the saying goes, locks, chains, dogs, etc just keep an honest man honest. If someone really wants your quad, they'll get it. So protect yourself and have peace of mind by having insurance.

Old 04-16-2001, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

I live on top of a hill with a cut-back drive. No one knew we were up here until putting in a new road and using my ATV. Middle of the night a scumbag came and took the ATV. Thank God my homeowners (Nationwide) covered the loss minus deductible. When I replace it, it will be chained, guarded with a new German Shepard, and alarmed. One new piece of advice: For anyone with a long drive, a driveway alarm is a must. If I had one, I would have been waiting for them. Deer set them off once in awhile but I can take some false alarms. I know when the kids are walking up the road, when my wife comes home, or we have visitors. I did a lot of research and found the Optex Wireless 1000 the best. I ordered it over the net from the Security Store, 888-501-7870, www.norcoalarms.com I think it was $125. Thanks for starting this post...good info. I have been looking for a chain or stranded wire that resists bolt cutters. Will check out options here.

Old 04-17-2001, 12:23 AM
Range Rover

well, i have at my disposal the services of 3 potentially pernicious individuals of the canine persuasion. they are quite reliable and take pride in their work. if for some reason they fail at their objective, i will utilize certain devices that are accurate to various distances, as an impediment to any threat upon my person, wife and family or property.......

Old 04-18-2001, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer

my grzz is just settin in the yard and i live in town!!! however,the trailer i haul it on is locked to the quad with the wheels of the quad settin in my house.if someone steals it,they're goin to work for it

Old 04-19-2001, 10:20 AM
Trailblazer

Girlatvr2,

I have my insurance from Farmers also, $125/yr on 2000 500 sp, I had covered brother in laws also who had is yanked through a 3 foot space between his house and boat, it was a 335 sp, they paid off his loan, with couple hundred extra to mourn on. They also paid to fix damage to mine after letting some goof ball take it for a ride and coming back with $2700 in damage. so keep the insurance it sure helps. 4wheelitis -Troy

Old 04-19-2001, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

BIG OWNER and BIG GLOCK. i have a 3/4" chain off of an m60 tank but it weighs 150lbs. honestly, if someone really wants your atv all they need is a little time and a cutting torch. the best thing to do is to keep it out of sight and buy plenty of insurance (you may use booby traps if you're crazy or a redneck).

texascat

Quick Reply: theft protection...what do you use?