Arc dump trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arc dump trailer?

Does anyone know if I could pull an ATV dump trailer behind my SUV ?

Old 08-24-2017, 12:15 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Theoretically? Yes, you could. Taking it out on the streets I'd say it will not pull well. And backing up with it, won't take much to have it jackknife and end up under your suv. You'd be better off taking it off and pushing it then.

But taking it across the yard or something like that I wouldn't see a problem. Then again, hooking it up to an quad or sxs would be just as easy.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure you could if it were at slow speeds on private property or perhaps a short distance around town. These type of trailers were never meant to used on the street. I wouldn't advise trying to pull it at 55 mph down the highway. It would bounce all over the place and wouldn't track straight at high speeds. You'd probably lose it before it got there.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you pulled it down the highway, even if nothing else went wrong, and it probably would, It would take long for the wheel bearings to burn up. It was made to be pulled across the yard by a lawn tractor or ATV. It would be nearly impossible to back up an SUV with a lawn trailer like that. You probably wouldn't be able to see it until it jackknifes, then you could see it in your mirrors.