Do Wes Miller & H-Bomb need some competition??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 01:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a thought I had today, how much better would the huevos series be if Wes and H-Bomb had someone giving them some real competition. Maybe its time for someone to step up(or as he would say "nut up&quot. What you guys think?

Old 04-08-2002, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

i agree. huevos 4 totally sucked. 3 wasn't all they great either. almost all the dirtbike vids blow huevos out of the water. they do need some competition.

Old 04-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

I don't agree that any of Wes' films "sucked", but I do agree that he needs some competition.

To Wes Miller,
The 4x4 scenes are getting really old... I got the dvd so I could easily skip past that section. I'm also getting tired of the desert, cross-country, and the flat-track sections (basically all the sections that lack huge air). I realize you are only trying to appeal to a larger audience, but c'mon... there is flat-track, desert, and cross-country dirt bike racing, but you don't see hardly any of that in videos like the new Terrifirma and Crusty videos.

You said yourself "The H-Bomb is the most powerful bomb, and I wanted people to know our films would be explosive and have a lot of energy," in the February 2002 issue of 4-Wheel ATV Action. Well seeing a bunch of goof-***** splash each other with mud on their 4x4s is everything but "explosive". Don't take this personally, as I am only trying to provide some constructive criticism. I own all of your videos (Quatros Locos, Huevos 1-4) and I will continue buying your videos even if you don't change them.

To Other Readers,
I don't mean to offend anyone that enjoys TT, cross-country, desert, or 4x4ing, because I do enjoy it also... But I don't think it deserves a spot in a Huevos video because it just isn't fun to watch. These sections need to be replaced with more high-flying and extreme quad scenes.

I think someone else needs to step in and give Wes some real competition for two reasons...
1) One quad video per year just isn't enough... 2 weeks after I buy the newest Huevos video, I'm begging for the next one to come out
2) He might make his Huevos videos better

Just my 2 cents...

Old 04-08-2002, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

i'm not a 4x4 guy but i thought the 4x4 parts where some of the best parts in the huevos series.

Old 04-09-2002, 11:15 AM
Range Rover

I agree that Mr. Miller needs some competition. I am a t-com student, which means I learn video editing, camera ops, etc. My Senior project will be a good rival to whatever "Huevos" is out at the time. I can't wait to give it a shot, and hope to continue with such projects after school. So, I guess we all just have to be patient. Not too many other students in my major are even remotely interested in quads. You have to cut him some slack, though. "Quatros Locos" and the early Huevos films were shot mostly with traditional shots and editing. Miller is still getting comfortable with experimenting with on-board camera shots. Huevos 4 is still basic when compared to other similar style films shot with post-modern editing techniques. Give him some time, he's still perfecting it.

...freddie

Old 04-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

We are working on a video right now.

Old 04-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

I couldnt get the link to work.

Old 04-14-2002, 01:36 AM
Range Rover

i have to agree with quadmxer i liked the hevos series, and BTW did you all see dirtwheels slam of H4 sound track? F- that! the Dirt wheeles writer is one of the redneck-utiliy riding-ATV TV watching-no nuts-3 mph rock creepin sissies! THATS RIGHT A SISSY! if you got the nuts to do some of that stuff, you would more than likely listen to harder edge music, So how you like that slam DW? H4 sound track rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2002, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

while the h4 soundtrack wasn't bad at all (especially not nearly as bad as dirtwheels made it out to be) it wasn't all that great either. once again the dirtbike videos get all the best soundtracks.

Old 04-15-2002, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer

Dirt Wheels has often printed stuff that I totaly disagreed with or that was just plain un true. I kinda like the Huevos sound track but I am that younger generation they are always talking about it appeals to. I haven't really cared for Dirtwheels since they printed that a powervalve was never incorporated in an ATV several times, when they were in the Quadracer line from 87 up.

Quick Reply: Do Wes Miller & H-Bomb need some competition??????