ATV TV Who Watches???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV TV Who Watches???

I use to watch this show religiously when it first started, what about 2-3 years ago. I think I taped the whole 1st season. Well I have not been able to watch this for the last year or so and I was able to catch the show this week.

Does any one ride there quads like he does on the show. He uses these things like a jeep or a rock crawler. I could be wrong but how about some real world test like in some wooded trails or something with a little mud and not so much dry sand and desert. He might have made some episodes that I missed where he did something like that but it gets real old watching him test these same quads the same way over and over.

And how many of us take a brand new quad and drag it over the rocks like he does. That makes me cringe every time I hear him drop bottom. Just my opinion but I think they could do so much more with the show. Maybe it cost to much money to send him to the midwest or the east coast and try a little fast paced trail riding.

Old 03-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

What channel? What time?

Old 03-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

The Outdoor Channel, It is on Wednesday night 8pm or 9pm central standard time I can't remeber. I think it is also on a couple other days a week but I don't know which days.

Old 03-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

We not only watch it every week, but also tape it.....It's on the outdoor channel on wednesday nights at 8:00 (central time). All I can say about the show - you can tell one of his sponsors is Kawasaki because amazingly they are always the best machines when he's testing them and evidently he really dislikes Polaris. I do like watching when he shows different places to ride in the US....Thought his show on Moab Utah was pretty good - looks like a cool (but dusty) place to go ride.

Old 03-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

i watch it but take every test with a grain of salt. if you watch his other show, 4x4tv, its all rock crawlers...and i agree, we haul *** around here and avoid those rocky washes...
his coverage of races and riding areas is cool, but those tests, no matter how much he explains, always contains a level of 'human factor' that skews the test results...watch the show from this week as an example, it shifted positions of a couple.
after reading dirt wheels for a couple years [ i went thru withdrawals but am OK now] i always expected the newest machine to win shootouts. I was right about atvtv too. i picked the winner when he announced the contenders on the first of 3 episodes.
he doesnt seem to like sport quads either...maybe someone wil pick that up, a sport quad show with a 'riding here' every week, a test ride of ONE quad, and racing results, GNC GNCC. I'd watch that!

JMHO see ya!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

oh forgot. its on Dish chl 153, Monday 1pm pacific.

Old 03-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

I don't mind the test and things but test some other places than the desert. I would guess and this is only a guess but 95% of the Utilities are not ridden in the desert. I don't think he likes sport quads either but I think since 80% or so of all ATV sells are Utility type AV's that is what demographic they are going for.

I do like when they go out on location and just ride and show some scenery. That is the best part of the show.

I think it is funny how if an ATV doesn't have good gauges (bells and whistles) it can finish last in Doug Meyers eyes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Everything is great on the quad but it needs better gauges. My dad has a Rubicon and a 450es and to be quite honest the only good I would see out of having gauges like that are for farms that have to spread chemical and seed at a certain speed.

I am really glad to see a show about ATV on TV but I think it could be better or more realistic.

Old 03-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too watch it but take his tests with a grain of salt.He needs to test in the REAL world.As for the guages I dont need any of them.Had Speedos on both of mine until they rolled down a hill.

Old 03-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

ftwflh,
I stopped by Bob's in Crossville last weekend. I had to run over to Carmi. He is a pretty nice guy from just talking to him. I thought i would stop by and take a look at the predator and his ship.

I think we could give him a little better test up at Spurgeon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

do youguys know that OLN will have a new atvtv called ''ATV magazines television'' and its going to start in april

Old 03-09-2003, 06:24 AM
Pro Rider

cool!

Quick Reply: ATV TV Who Watches???