Mechanics Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanics Gloves

has anyone tried the mechanics gloves? How do you like them? Do they get hot and make your hands sweat? Is there a big difference between brands? How long do they last? I have found several brands and was wondering which is the best or does it really matter?

Mechanix wear
APC Mechanics Gloves
Project R Gloves
Ironclads by Wrenchworx
Hand toolz gloves

Old 05-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mechanics Gloves

there pretty much the same thing as normal riding gloves my dad and little bro both use them.

Old 05-01-2003, 05:17 PM
Royalty Rider
Default Mechanics Gloves

yeah, when we forget our gloves sometimes we pull out the old mechanics gloves. The kind that I find work the best and are least expensive are Mechanix wear gloves (the basic ones).

Old 05-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mechanics Gloves

Work espescially well in nasty greasy situations(axles)keeping your hands clean

Old 05-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mechanics Gloves

We use the ones with the elastic wrist bands rather than the velcro. We like them.

Old 05-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mechanics Gloves

I would hope that they are a little better made and would last a little longer than my riding gloves. I am looking at these mainly for working on my quads, yard work, and other work. I was wondering if these are worth the extra money and better than a pair of regular leather gloves for working. For riding I will stick with my riding gloves. But not a bad idea to have a pair or two in the truck incase I loose my head and drive off without my gear.

Specta,
Why do you prefer the elastic wrist band? I figured the velcro straps would work better at keeping dirt and debris from falling down inside the glove. Nothing worse than working and having a bunch a crap get inside my gloves.

Old 05-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Royalty Rider
Default Mechanics Gloves

Yeah...I keep a pair in the glove compartment of my car...you never know.
They are pretty good for yard work too...my mom wears a pair of neon green ones. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2003, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mechanics Gloves

They do make a decent riding glove. They are great for tire, exhaust, suspension, heavy line and general "light line" work. They are lousy for changing oil, tune-up, carburetion and light work. They are very poor for yard work. Yard work for some reason is very hard on them. I just put them in the wash with my car towels and rags but not the dryer.

I have bought probably 6 or 7 pair. 2 for riding and the rest for working on vehicles and ATVs. I do wear surgical type gloves for oil changes and lighter projects.

I didn't quite read your post right at first. For riding we use the elastic wrist bands, all the others are deffinatly the velcro. The only thing worse than getting "stuff" in your gloves is snow down your socks.

I think Mechanics Gloves are a great product and recommend them to every one. Once you have a pair they are hard to get along without.

Old 05-01-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mechanics Gloves

I just read dancingqueens post. I guess we flip a coin on the yard work. I prefer regular leather yard working gloves for yard work.

I checked you pictures. You are going to have you hands full with all those girls. I have four girls that range from 18 to 29 and four grand kids and have only had one heart attack.

You have a good one.

Old 05-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mechanics Gloves

Thanks everyone, for the info.

Well, looks like I have a 50/50 chance with the yard work. Other than that they should work out well with what I itend to use them. Maybe I'll try out some of the other brands too and see how they work compared to the Mechanix Wear brand.

As for my girls, My oldest is only eight and I am already experiencing emotions and mood swings. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hope I can do as well as you as far as living through the next twenty + years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Mechanics Gloves