Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

John Deere Issues Gator Recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 05:12 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default John Deere Issues Gator Recall

John Deere has issued a recall on approximately 8,500 Gator UTVs due to an increased crash hazard.

Check to see if this includes yours here:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/j...or-utv-recall/

Old 04-18-2017, 06:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems like a pretty simple fix.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Kymco had a similar recall a few moths back, throttle cable seal was defective and could allow corrosion and cause the cable to freeze up. Only a couple issues around the country, easy fix, gave the dealer a chance to look over my machine before the warranty ran out.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Kymco had a similar recall a few moths back, throttle cable seal was defective and could allow corrosion and cause the cable to freeze up. Only a couple issues around the country, easy fix, gave the dealer a chance to look over my machine before the warranty ran out.
I'm going to guess the 590i might have been one you considered buying before you got your Kymco 450i. Whats funny is that the 590i is a v-twin and it makes less power than the smaller single in the 450i and is quite a bit slower too. But it costs more because its a John Deere.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
I'm going to guess the 590i might have been one you considered buying before you got your Kymco 450i. Whats funny is that the 590i is a v-twin and it makes less power than the smaller single in the 450i and is quite a bit slower too. But it costs more because its a John Deere.

You are right there, the JD dealer was not overly friendly either, no test riding except for a quick around the parking lot after you put a deposit down! Fuel economy in the JD was worse and top speed was only 30 mph. They were having some "sales" on them but price was still 1500 higher with the "sale" price. I am not a fan of the JD colors as well. I am a big fan of Artic Cat also, but that bright green color is a turnoff for me, thankfully they are offering other colors now. To sum it all up you just can's beat the Kymco 450i for what you get for the price and the dealers have been great, they are not afraid of their product.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd definitely consider Kymco whenever my next purchase might be. I'd like to see them make a 50" utv with the 700 single in it. I bet that would be a big seller.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

You are probably correct on a 50" with a 700, but when is enough-enough?
We are seeing speeds of 70 mph from the high output machines, my biggest fear is the gov't stepping in "for our own good" LOL.. and setting limits. The other thing to consider is with the popularity of UTV's many trails are being widened to accommodate them. I have recently found out that Ohio state recreation areas that are currently a 50" max width are now under construction to widen them. Ohio is finally waking up and realizing the lost money from rec vehicles due to width restrictions of 50". It appears that many other states are seeing the profits and revenue being gained by those states that have already made the changes. With ATV's getting bigger and more powerfull I wouldn't be surprised to see them get wider as well!

Old 04-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A lot of them are governed on top speed. The other 50" machines top out at 65. That's plenty fast for a 50" utv.