Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

ct 310 kit/jetting ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2000, 02:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have already broke in my new complete power kit per A.K. at ct racing. (the porting is for mx)
I am now working on getting the jetting dialed in. I have been noticing that the bike " smokes" a little to much at idle. also when i ride it aggressive for ten minutes and shut it off , it still smokes out of the silencer until the bike cools down. I have noticed an excess of "black oil" in the tip of the siencer? I believe the bike still smokes cause of the hot oil, but i was wondering what causes this and what i can do to fix it.. if any one can help i would greatly appreciate your help.. thank you.

Old 05-08-2000, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer

You should be running 32/1 ratio. And don't be cheap, buy good quality oil. I use and love Klotz R50. It's even has a very low smoke rating. Check it out at klotzlube.com. Sorry for that shameless spam of one my sponsors. But I try to only get hooked up with the best and I believe Klotz is just that.

Another thing it might be is your jetting, it may be too rich or the packing in your silencer might be saturated with oil.

Try a good oil and do a few high speed runs to clean out the oil deposits in the crank area. That should help.

Waymod

Old 05-11-2000, 02:07 AM
Range Rover

I SWEAR by KLOTZ R-50 also. I ALSO mix it at 32:1. CT's normal jetting for the PILOT JET(aka SLOW JET) is a 55, try going to a 52. I know this because I just ordered a 38mm Air Striker from them. I'm sure you already know this but you will probably want to RICHEN the needle clip position a bit to compensate from 1/8 through 1/4 throttle. A GREAT carb tuning article can be had at: http://www.carbparts.com/keihin/need...your_carb.html

Old 05-11-2000, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

Your bike could be smoking because of the porting... more fuel/oil is in the bottom of the case and is boiling off when the heat of the motor sitting there heats it up. Do a plug test and see if your running rich. Otherwise if you feel like your bike isn't running right call up CT and tell them that you think the jetting isn't set up right and ask what they recommend. If you think the bike is running right then don't worry about it. A little rich is way better than too lean.