Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Hey got my mod golf cart going

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey got my mod golf cart going

For all of those who remeber a topic of a mod golf cart . I got it in the frame and runnig. If any one has built one please write with what kinda of set up you did. need some advise on how to build a pipe too.

Old 10-08-2003, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

lol, i love those off-road golf carts. i've seen them out at pismo a lot. what i usually see is people givin them ilfts, widening them for stability, they add a roll cage, and some shocks. i met one guy who was testin out his new shocks before he took the electirc engine out and put in a gas one. good luck, and post some pics when ur done.

Old 10-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

my father has a lift golf cart. ez go 2001 model with 23 inch dirt devils, custom a-frame- gas shocks.he put a different head on it, and sent it extreme carts and got it bored out, also picked up the 4x4 kits from extreme carts i can get picture if you would like,

Old 10-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

My neighbor and I just finished our Yamaha G9s. 6 inch lift 22" tires. Will go most anywhere on dirt. Check out jakescarts.com , supertreads.com for some pictures and lift kits. Get rims and tires at Rocky Mountain 4 on 4 bolt pattern for most golf carts (best prices quick delivery). Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 10-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Rocky Mountain definitely, I got my 12"ITP magnums and 23" 589's in less than a week. I have an electric 99' e-z go, (the place at the river I stay at doesn't allow gass after 10pm so if I want to cruise I need electric) 6" lift, Diamond plate everywhere, custom paint and graphics, walnut looking dash cover and an 8 speaker Pioneer/Polk Audio stereo system. And d@mn it if I didn't blow the $400 speed control on the last trip out. Oh well, It's desert season!

Old 10-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

You should have replace the speed control with a high preformance one and bought the high speed motor. so you can cruz at a goo 40 mph

Old 10-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

hey all you thats for the info and I don't know how to put up picks plus there in bitmap not Jepg format but can send them with your email adress . I'm in the presose of building the pipe got halve done. Also on my 92 ez-go does any one have clutch kits for these secondary clutch has a stock 36 degree helix would like to have a 38 or 40 help to harness some of the power. Also anyone have a thought about front brakes.

Old 10-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

That's the plan now, I figured I put 2 hard years on the control, it belw up on a night run, and blew a battery cable in the process(overload), so now I can spend money on the controller and motor. But it will have to wait till spring, I take too much stuff to the desert all ready, I have a 35' 5th wheel hauler and have no more room. Probably getting a 36' here soon.

Old 10-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, Front brakes it a have to with the 4x4 and bigger motor, the old factory brake won't stop 23's going 55
another think you can get is power steering kit, bout the exhaust pipe i that my father has a exhaust stsyem moded off of a yamaha 50 or 90 cc scooter

Old 10-10-2003, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

started work on the expaneion camber today got a piece of 4 inch tube and cutting slots down to tapper in the ends lots of slow work. Hey does anyone know if you can order the 10" rims from Parts Unlimited or Tucker Rocky and if so got part number then I can get them at deal cost.

Quick Reply: Hey got my mod golf cart going